WE LOST OUR GPS!

lindo1951

HELLO ALL, I AM FROM NEWFOUNDLAND CANADA AND WHILE OUT CACHING WITH OUR 4 CHILDREN ON FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 21/07 WE LEFT OUT GPS BEHIND BY ACCIDENT.

WE COMPLETED THE CACHE AT FORTUNE HEAD ECOLOGICAL RESERVE IN FORTUNE NEWFOUNDLAND. WE HAVE ALREADY CONTACTED THE LAST CACHERS WHO WERE THERE AFTER US, BUT THEY HAVE NO INFORMATION ABOUT IT.

IT IS A GARMIN ETREX SUMMIT AND WE ARE OFFERING A REWARD TO ANYONE WHO CAN RETURN IT TO OUR FAMILY AS CACHING IS SOMETHING WE REALLY ENJOYING DOING TOGETHER.

WE PUT IT DOWN BY THE CACHE LOCATION TO TAKE SOME PHOTOS AND FORGOT TO PICK IT UP AGAIN. WE RETURNED TO THE SITE THE NEXT DAY BUT IT HAD ALREADY BEEN FOUND BY SOMEONE.

THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP US OUT..709-873-2154 OR 709-873-6245

LINDO1951

While out caching for the day with our four kids we put our GPS on a post at a cache site to take some photos, and stupid me never picked it back up! It was in Fortune NL in the Fortune Head Ecological Reserve. I already spoke to the last cachers that were there after us but they know nothing of it. If anyone has any information please let us know 709 873-2154

It is garmin etrex Summit we bought it like a month ago.......

We are offering a reward

I hope you get it back.

On the topic of losing a GPS, here is some hard earned advice that I highly recommend all GPS users do.

Take some high reflective tape and put it on all sides of your GPS. If you ever lose it in dense underbrush, you will improve your chances of finding it in the dark with a high powered light.

There is a GPSMAP 60CS at N 47 28.075 E 008 12.007 lying in mute testimony to this advice.

Tequila

local cacher lost his after leaving it on the roof of his car. Was found by a local farmer who finally managed to figure out how to turn it on and was returned to him about 2 months after losing it. Hopefully the finder will be one of those "good people"!! Good advice to always keep your name and contact info inside the battery cover and on the start screen.

Mine was "found" by some black hearted little @!#%s inside my van a few weeks back.

Ditto that, but it was just last Friday, and they took the whole truck!

I wonder why it is that we got the truck back, but not the GPS? Somebody loves them some Garmin!

MaisOui

:0)

OK, you win! My Caravan didn't leave the driveway - that would have been much worse. First night all summer that I didn't lock it or check that it was locked...

:blink: Our GPS was returned to us today by a lovely gentleman from St Johns. He found it where we left it, and took it home to google a lost and found, he found my ad through kijiji and called me today. he refused the reward...I'm glad to know the world is not all bad!

Whew. I thought it was a gonner for sure......

Thanks to all those who showed concern

Lindo 1951

Wow :sad: What a heart warming end to this story! I must admit I thought it was a gonna.

Oh, and thanks to the comment about the GPS & truck disappearing, not at all good for you, but must admit it caused a giggle! Sorry it happened, but glad you still have a sense of humour.

Great for the gent in St.John, nice to see there are people like that out there still.

Good to hear. I've had a couple of close calls with my own. Did the left at cache site thing once, came back same day, and it was still there.

Another time I left it in downtown Calgary, on top of the "Park & Pay" box. Nice guy found it (who had been looking at buying that particular GPS model) and returned it to me through my name on the "Welcome" screen.