When minting a coin do you use the reselling program or buy outright?

Nochipra

I have a coin that I want to get minted but I am scared of how much it will cost me out of my pocket? I would like to know your experiences with getting a coin minted and what kind of costs came out of pocket? If I use the reselling program I am afraid that the company will end up making a lot of money off a coin I designed and I won't be able to make a profit from the coins? If I buy the coins outright, I know it will costs a pretty penny but I feel I will be able to make a descent profit on the coins. I guess what I really want to know is how much money I should have in my pocket available to have a coin minted? Do the company's have payment plans if you choose to buy your coins without the reselling plan? Which company have you had the best experience with? Any help is appreciated :o

I bumped the following thread to the top as it basically answers all your questions.

First Coin Question - Selling

Sell myself or have the manufacturer handle it?

I can tell you from experience, if you want to do it your self and have your own prefix you must commit to 500 coins which can be made at different times, have to do a min. of 250, can be different metals, have to pay for tracking numbers and icon up front and then prepay before minting commences.

Then be ready to answer alot of emails and packaging:)

If a minter is interested you might want to consider them for your first coin.

Lot to handle, but you get to meet great people and do alot of trades:)

Edited by Frozen Buns

If I use the reselling program I am afraid that the company will end up making a lot of money off a coin I designed and I won't be able to make a profit from the coins?

The profits the company makes will be based on the work involved in getting the coin minted and then marketed and shipped to all the buyers. A lot of work. But then if you want to do it yourself you will certainly earn your decent profits.

If you post your art here and your ideas you will generate interest in your coin making sales a bit more brisk. Good luck.

I have a coin that I want to get minted but I am scared of how much it will cost me out of my pocket? I would like to know your experiences with getting a coin minted and what kind of costs came out of pocket? If I use the reselling program I am afraid that the company will end up making a lot of money off a coin I designed and I won't be able to make a profit from the coins? If I buy the coins outright, I know it will costs a pretty penny but I feel I will be able to make a descent profit on the coins. I guess what I really want to know is how much money I should have in my pocket available to have a coin minted? Do the company's have payment plans if you choose to buy your coins without the reselling plan? Which company have you had the best experience with? Any help is appreciated :laughing:

A couple of items:

1) You say that the company would make a lot of money and leave you with nothing. If I remember correctly, most companies give you back coins which than you can sell yourself. Lets say you get 20 coins and sell them for $200. That is $200 in your pocket without any out of pocket expense. Nor do you have to worry that only 50 of your 250 coins have sold.

2) If you want to fund it yourself, most credit cards allow you to pay in installments. I have both a credit card which allows that and a charge card which doesnt.

Hope that helps.