Searching with Google Maps....

sciuchetti

If there is a way to do this on the geocaching site, please let me know....

I use the map to do searches in areas that I am in from the road (where I don't have access to GSAK or mapping software). I'd like a way to eliminate the found/hidden caches from the map. (Sort of like you do on the list page) This way it only will show the caches I have left to do in an area.

Right now I either have to map small areas (to only get 20 caches at a time - where I have already found 19 of them), or sort through pages of caches to find the few I have not done in the area.

I'd like to be able to choose one of these options and only have these caches mapped....

...nearby caches of this type, that I haven't found

...all nearby caches, that I haven't found

Hi!

Eliminating Found caches on Google Maps was one of the excellent features on the new rollout 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately it was rolled back in while they work on a few bugs. Hopefully it will be back soon.

"Wrong" answer ;-)

You're right that this was a nice feature in the new version of the GC website. But the time they switched to this version it was only half working so they they could do was switching back.

The actual solution to this problem is just creating a pocket query that shows only the unfound caches in the surrounding area and to show the result on Google maps. This gives you the map the original poster wants to get.

Bye,

Christian

Hi!

Eliminating Found caches on Google Maps was one of the excellent features on the new rollout 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately it was rolled back in while they work on a few bugs. Hopefully it will be back soon.

"Wrong" answer ;-)

You're right that this was a nice feature in the new version of the GC website. But the time they switched to this version it was only half working so they they could do was switching back.

The actual solution to this problem is just creating a pocket query that shows only the unfound caches in the surrounding area and to show the result on Google maps. This gives you the map the original poster wants to get.

Bye,

Christian

You'll notice that the original poster said "(where I don't have access to GSAK or mapping software)", so it wasn't the wrong answer. It's obvious that anyone that uses GSAK already knows how to do an unfound cache PQ. This is a case where they are on the road, possibly using a public internet terminal, and want to look for caches near their location.

--Marky

I keep reading the threads about new map features and I am on GC almost every day and haven't seen any changes in the maps. I also don't see a Map-It icon on my pocket query cache list page. Where are you seeing the new map features when they are up? Is it under the regular "View Map" link near the top of the cache page? Are you seeing the Map-It icon on the pocket query cache list today?