cachemate

ouluckydogu

I want to use gsak and cachemate for paperless caching. Do I download cachemate to my desktop and then to my axim 5? Are there different versions of these programs and if so which should I get

Lucky

Make sure you get the PPC version for your Axim.

Have you looked into GPXSonar - free and my favorite for my Axim x3.

Hi, I have the same questions but for the Palm Tungsten E2. I just purchased CacheMate (Palm OS) and have yet to receive the registration email. Once I do what will I need to do? Does this go on both the Palm and the desktop? I use GSAK for putting stuff on my GPSr. Do I somehow use GSAK along with CacheMate to get the web info into my Palm? I've never used a Palm before so this is a new ballgame for me. And to get new log information I just run a new query or...? Thanks in advance for any help anyone could lend! Thanks! :anitongue:

You'll want this: Link From there, run the program, CMConvert is for your desktop, there will be another one in PPC format, sync that file to your Axim.

I checked out that link and it was awesome! Thanks so much! Question though....on the PDA when I'm looking through all the caches I can sort by Name or Wpt. When I search by Wpt I think it may really be sorting by the waypoint name/number but I'm still seeing the cache name and not the waypoint name. In the link provided it shows an example and in that example it shows up as the waypoint name. I'm using GSAK. Do I just need to select a different option or....? Great stuff! :)

You'll want this: Link From there, run the program, CMConvert is for your desktop, there will be another one in PPC format, sync that file to your Axim.

I checked out that link and it was awesome! Thanks so much! Question though....on the PDA when I'm looking through all the caches I can sort by Name or Wpt. When I search by Wpt I think it may really be sorting by the waypoint name/number but I'm still seeing the cache name and not the waypoint name. In the link provided it shows an example and in that example it shows up as the waypoint name. I'm using GSAK. Do I just need to select a different option or....? Great stuff! :)

If you have a palm the link you want is: http://smittyware.com/palm/cachemate/ To make it list waypoint names (GCXXXX) look at the bottom right hand corner of your screen when the caches are up there is a small section that Reads: Sort By: Name | Wpt make sure it is dark around Wpt and not name. If that doesn't work, click CacheMate on the top left, on the far right click options, select list options, make sure a check is by Display Waypoint as name, and by When sorted by Waypoint.

Also if you have GSAK you do not need CMConvert, just tell GSAK to export in CacheMate (PDB) format. :)

Edited by stepshep

....Also if you have GSAK you do not need CMConvert, just tell GSAK to export in CacheMate (PDB) format. :)

Again - on the PPC (Dell Axim) - no conversion - the program reads the GPX file directly.

Yep I got that the first time, but I was talking to a Palm (Tungsten) user. :)

Edited by stepshep

If you have a palm the link you want is: http://smittyware.com/palm/cachemate/ To make it list waypoint names (GCXXXX) look at the bottom right hand corner of your screen when the caches are up there is a small section that Reads: Sort By: Name | Wpt make sure it is dark around Wpt and not name. If that doesn't work, click CacheMate on the top left, on the far right click options, select list options, make sure a check is by Display Waypoint as name, and by When sorted by Waypoint.

Also if you have GSAK you do not need CMConvert, just tell GSAK to export in CacheMate (PDB) format. B)

Got it! The List Options directions were great...and that got me what I needed! Thanks so much for the reply! I'm now paperless.....and hope to remain so once I get the PDA, my GPSr, and myself out into the field together at the same time for the first time! Thanks! :)

I checked out that link and it was awesome! Thanks so much! Question though....on the PDA when I'm looking through all the caches I can sort by Name or Wpt. When I search by Wpt I think it may really be sorting by the waypoint name/number but I'm still seeing the cache name and not the waypoint name. In the link provided it shows an example and in that example it shows up as the waypoint name. I'm using GSAK. Do I just need to select a different option or....? Great stuff! :rolleyes:

Also if you have GSAK you do not need CMConvert, just tell GSAK to export in CacheMate (PDB) format. <_<

Got it! The List Options directions were great...and that got me what I needed! Thanks so much for the reply! I'm now paperless.....and hope to remain so once I get the PDA, my GPSr, and myself out into the field together at the same time for the first time! Thanks! <_<

One more thing. Now I've got all this great info on my Palm. I'll get new information whenever I (re)run PQs. So before I load this new information into the Palm....do I need to delete all the old information? If so....how might that be done? I always delete everything from the GPSr bfeore loading updated/new information so thought I'd have to do the same thing with the Palm.

Thanks! :rolleyes:

One more thing. Now I've got all this great info on my Palm. I'll get new information whenever I (re)run PQs. So before I load this new information into the Palm....do I need to delete all the old information? If so....how might that be done? I always delete everything from the GPSr bfeore loading updated/new information so thought I'd have to do the same thing with the Palm.

Thanks! :rolleyes:

Nope, when you update your database it should just overwrite the information.