Which software do you like best Cachemate or GpxSonar?

lboyle14

Pros and Cons on these 2. Maybe a head to head comparison!

Thanks!

Don't have any experience with GPXSonar, but I have been using Cachemate for a couple of years, and it is great! Very easy to use with GSAK. As far as I'm concerned, the combination of these 2, is the best for paperless caching. Hope this helps.

Well, Cachemate is for Palm PDAs and GpxSonar is for Pocket PCs, so maybe a better question is which type of PDA do you prefer.

I have a Pocket PC (HP iPAQ), and use GpxSonar, which is great. I also like that I can run Pocket Streets and Trips on my PDA, and download maps with caches from my PC laptop. And of course, I can download GPX files from GSAK, and use GpxSonar to view the cache pages in the field.

However, Palm PDAs are usually far cheaper, and Cachemate works just as well as GpxSonar, from what I've heard.

Edited by hydnsek

Well, Cachemate is for Palm PDAs and GpxSonar is for Pocket PCs, so maybe a better question is which type of PDA do you prefer.

I have a Pocket PC (HP iPAQ), and use GpxSonar, which is great. I also like that I can run Pocket Streets and Trips on my PDA, and download maps with caches from my PC laptop. And of course, I can download GPX files from GSAK, and use GpxSonar to view the cache pages in the field.

However, Palm PDAs are usually far cheaper, and Cachemate works just as well as GpxSonar, from what I've heard.

Actually cachemate has a pocket pc version also!

I like the price of GpxSonar much better. I tried to try Cachemate but you can not load more than 10 caches on a trial version. What kind of trial is that? I can store 10 caches in my head. I lost all interest at that point and gave up on it. Now if they would have had a 30 day full functioning trial version I probably would have fallen in love with it and would have bought it. I guess I’ll never know since I get along just fine without it.

I use CacheMate and love it. After several hundred cache finds I switched to paperless caching using an old Palm that I bought off of ebay for $20. I use CacheMate with GSAK and they work great together. I dump 1000 caches into my GPSr and update the card on my Palm. I have thousands of caches stored on the Palm. Although I don't have experience with GPSsonar, cachmate has worked great for me. I don't leave home without it.