Fun Caches in the Myrtle Beach area?

Scrubsjm

My family is headed down to the area for vacation at the end of the month and we are looking for some good caches to do while we're there. Does anyone have any favorites they could recommend? We are caching with our 4 year old and 1 1/2 year old.

Thanks in advance,

Scrubs

Vereen Memorial Gardens was the most memorable cache I have found there.

And since the two posters above me were too lazy to post a link to Misty Passage, I thought I would look it up and give you one. Besides, I might be heading that way next month myself. :)

Edited to add that yes, that was a cool cache-I just didn't recall the name of it.

Edited by wimseyguy

Vereen Memorial Gardens was the most memorable cache I have found there.

And since the two posters above me were too lazy to post a link to Misty Passage, I thought I would look it up and give you one. Besides, I might be heading that way next month myself. :cool:

Edited to add that yes, that was a cool cache-I just didn't recall the name of it.

I also liked Vereen memorial Gardens. There are several others in the park that you can do along the way. VMG takes you all around the park.

My son and I've been staying in Surfside Beach, just south of MB, this week and was down here about the same time last year.

We really haven't been up to MB, but a couple I've done down this way that I liked were...

The Pancake Cam - Our first webcam cache. They even have free wireless, so if you have a laptop you can do it all yourself.

Socastee Stash Cache #2 - Nice nature trail.

Holme on the Hills - If you have a 4x4, you can have some extra fun here. If not, it is basically a C&D.

Hero's Memorial - Special for the memorial it is located near.

Tomorrow morning, I'm planning to do some in MB State Park including Snake Chasing. I haven't done them yet, but it looks like a nice location.