Any new Garmin units coming soon?

Garmin needs to come out with something to compete against the new Magellans or a lot of Garmin fans are going to switch camps.

I'm thinking even die-hard magellan fans are going to be thinking long and hard before making a new Triton their own!

Watching . . . & . . . Waiting . . . Watching . . . & . . . Waiting, reading here, . . .Watching . . . Waiting, comparing to the

Delorme . . . Watching & Waiting . . . ad infinitum!

"Fooled me once, shame on you, fooled me twice, shame on me!"

Norm

Edited by RRLover

Garmin needs to come out with something to compete against the new Magellans or a lot of Garmin fans are going to switch camps.

Not this Garmin fan. Not after what I've read here about Magellan customer disservice. No way.

What have you heard? I know a lot of people that own Magellans and they seem to be happy. The new Tritons do look very cool. They allow you to load National Geographic topos which blow away the Garmin topos. They have expandable memory and the Sirf Star III chips as well. I know they have my attention....

Not this Garmin fan. Not after what I've read here about Magellan customer disservice. No way.

What have you heard? I know a lot of people that own Magellans and they seem to be happy. The new Tritons do look very cool. They allow you to load National Geographic topos which blow away the Garmin topos. They have expandable memory and the Sirf Star III chips as well. I know they have my attention....

I am really interested in the new Triton line, But I had nothing but trouble with magellan products so I probably will never buy another one. That doesn't mean others haven't had great luck, but out of 6 magellan GPSr I have had 5 were defective in some way or another.

I am really interested in the new Triton line, But I had nothing but trouble with magellan products so I probably will never buy another one. That doesn't mean others haven't had great luck, but out of 6 magellan GPSr I have had 5 were defective in some way or another.

I will wait until some other people have tried the Triton and give it an all-around thumbs up. I'm happy with my 60CS for now. If I do buy it I'll probably buy it at REI because they will exchange anything and they will just send it back to Magellan or whomever. :)

Keep in mind that Magellan was (underline that "was") part of a larger company, and I suspect that the consumer customer support was not a top priority in the greater scheme of things. Magellan and the lines that we use are now independent and focused on our market space. I'll be keeping an open mind. I may have recently replaced my Merigold with a shiny new Garmin , but I'll be looking at the new Magellan models with interest. As a Canadian, I'll be interested in seeing what map offerings that they'll have for those of us on the other side of the US northern border.

Cheers,

- Craig