When Lady Luck smiles on you...

DocDiTTo

I have a multi cache listed under my account that a friend and I hid. A recent log noted that one of the stages was gone; it was a magnet stuck on an electrical panel at a pavilion. I checked it out, not only was the panel gone, but the entire wall the panel had been attached to was gone as well. Figured that was all she wrote for that stage. Two weeks went by and I headed back to check on it again. Saw that the construction work at the pavilion was done. Walked into the pavilion, saw beautiful new stone walls where the old wooden ones had been. And there, attached to the new stone wall was the original electrical box -- complete with our magnet still attached. Same exact location; I didn't even need to get new coordinates! ^_^

Any other stories of muggled caches coming back after you figured they were gone forever?

Well, mine wasn't muggled, but... The town decided to completely rebuild the park. Construction zone for three months. When the park reopened, I did have to walk through a flower garden to retrieve my cache. They never touched the fence (outside of hanging a construction zone right over my cache!) Moved cache twenty feet. (Didn't want cachers having to walk through the flower garden.)

I wish we had your luck. For the moment we're debating whether to replace the container or can the cache altogether. Thing is we have to make our decision before we go after it. It's an thirty minute trip by car and about 45 minute hike in to get to it. One thing is certain the next container won't be an ammo can and our next ammo cans will all be metal stamped with the cache number, our cache name and contact info.

Hey! I did that electrical box cache. That was one of my favs...

I had two vanish. One was a fake magnetic junction box stuck onto the side of a big sign at a mall. It was hidden by a flower bed but somebody still spotted it and must have punted it across the parking lot because another cacher found it 40 feet away in the busheds a few days after it vanished.

I had another one that was a small magnetic micro hidden behind a no parking sign at a nature trail. The sign was removed by construction workers but came back a few weeks later in a slightly different spot still attached to the sign. I had it disabled while I waited for the construction on the parking lot to be completed. When cachers started logging it again I went and saw that it was back.