Newb ?'s

simpjkee

You don't trade for Geocoins and Travel Bugs. You just retrieve them from a cache, log them on the site, check their goal, if they have one, and move them to another cache towards their goal, if possible. :ph34r:

Around here, we have a "Coin Thief," so most people try to put the Geocoins in high Terrain caches, although some coins have even disappeared from those . . . :(

You don't trade for Geocoins and Travel Bugs. You just retrieve them from a cache, log them on the site, check their goal, if they have one, and move them to another cache towards their goal, if possible. :(

Around here, we have a "Coin Thief," so most people try to put the Geocoins in high Terrain caches, although some coins have even disappeared from those . . . :unsure:

a coin theif being someone who takes a coin and keeps it without logging it and then replacing it somewhere else

i've only taken 2. one was a canada coin commemorating their first geocache. it had a number on it and i logged it and placed it. the other one i found had no tracking number and wasn't logged in the cache i found it in so i still have it. is that one for keeps?

i've only taken 2. one was a canada coin commemorating their first geocache. it had a number on it and i logged it and placed it. the other one i found had no tracking number and wasn't logged in the cache i found it in so i still have it. is that one for keeps?
I guess if you made a fair trade for it and it had no tracking number then it would be fair game. Geocoins are typically worth $5-$10. Also be aware that there are some coins that use other websites for tracking. The older California geocoins are like this. Edited by TrailGators
I guess if you made a fair trade for it and it had no tracking number then it would be fair game. Geocoins are typically worth $5-$10. Also be aware that there are some coins that use other websites for tracking. The older California geocoins are like this.

it did have a web address, but even on the website there did not seem to be a place to track it.

No trade needed unless the coin/bug is in a "hotel" in which you're not supposed to take a bug or coin unless you also leave a bug or coin behind.

Since the owner of the cache is not also the owner of the Coins and Travel Bugs, their "rules" do not apply. If you can move a bug along from a "Travel Bug Prison," do it, whether you have another "traveler" to leave in its place, or not.

No trade needed unless the coin/bug is in a "hotel" in which you're not supposed to take a bug or coin unless you also leave a bug or coin behind.

I disagree. When hotels have this rule it effectively becomes a prison. People can't take travelers unless they have one to leave, or can only trade 1 for 1, which results in travelers languishing in the "hotel".

A cache owner has no right to place rules on his caches that restrict the movement of other people's travelers.