zip code

208scooter

You can go to this page and in the By Address search and type "City, ST" and it will work (without the NEED to know the zip code). It also works with just typing the zip code in that search. And if you want to do a street address to get it precise - even better.

BTW - 18 months ago, our town split into three zip codes from the one (my house got one of the new codes). I tried typing my NEW zip code into that search, and sure enough it WORKED - referencing a point closer to my house than the standard zip code for my town or even the town name.

KUDOS!

Just memorize zip4, do a google search and the first or second link is what geocaching.com used to link to.

As for tptb getting any new info, I don't think they will. They bought the rights to the tiger census database way back when and if there have been any recent changes who do you think are going to pay for the limited new info?

But, but, but - as I've shown in my post - the zip code in the By Address lookup ALREADY has an update to the original Tiger Census database they bought "way back"

How long did it take for your new zip code to work? Mine changed three weeks ago, but it's still no good here on the site.