Signature Item Questions

tw3nty3ight

I am considering making a signatur item. I have seen alot of nicely done pokerchips, and wooden nickels. However I want to be a little more original and do a hand crafted sig coin from oven bake clay, has anyone seen this done? If anyone has any experiance or tips for something like this I would love to hear more.

The link I tried to put in didn't work right but if you go to www.cointracking.com and search for summerandnana you will see a pic of her very cool token. (Or better yet take a look at my seeking list and then at my keeper list where the token is shown! :anibad: )

Edited by LadyBee4T

I've made some stuff from clay too, called petroglyphs. I think a number of people here have worked with clay, if you decide to make something, post a pic, I'd be interested in seeing it, I love clay stuff.

tsun :anibad:

P.S. summerandnana does very nice stuff in clay.

Edited by tsunrisebey

I've made some stuff from clay too, called petroglyphs. I think a number of people here have worked with clay, if you decide to make something, post a pic, I'd be interested in seeing it, I love clay stuff.

tsun :anibad:

Yes, and 57chevy has very good instructions on how to make them.

tsun B)

And this is why I don't like to name names in threads I always forget someone and then feel bad :D ! Steph I cherish your clay pieces, beautiful work you do ;) .

DSCN0117.jpg

DSCN0116.jpg

Edited by Damenace

Well, I just cut my finger three times, superglues two others together and FINALLY have a finished custom stamp for the from of my clay coin. Now (crossing fingers) tonight it will work in the clay. And going to find a generic logo stamp for the back. I am excited to see how these turn out. Hope to have some scans tomorrow or the next day, once again wishful thinking. B)

Well here is my finished product. Took alot of time these are all handmade and involved alot of work lol. Had fun making them and dont think they turned out too bad. The larger coin has my custom stamp the smaller is for a few Micros. Going to start a new thread showing them off and see what everyone thinks :blink:

836645225_76ed7f6324_o.jpg

836645229_b8af1c64bb_o.jpg

Wow...those are neat.

I had wood nickels, still have poker chips, and use my poker chip stickers for mini yoyo's as well. I also have rocks and fossilz with personalized info sheets that I leave in caches...those are pretty cool, and decidedly unique, and no more expensive than the rest really.

I always like personal items. Definitely cooler than random dollar store stuff.

:D

Edited by Deweyz