Smiling Inconsistantly

klipsch49er

I don't think I would want animated emoticons in cache logs. They could actually switch out the images and name the file name the same thing and the transition would be instant. You would see the new images in logs. I like the smaller cache log images for the reason I will demonstrate.

The log emoticons are smaller and do not make the lines of text drop down that much. One thing that happens in the forums is that a smiley in the middle of a paragraph messes up the neat formatting. This will show you an example, and it is more evident with the "taller" emoticons. :P:D If I keep typing to fill in some space, you can see that you get a drop down in the lines of text. We are pretty much used to it here, but the smaller emoticons in the cache logs keep this down to a lesser degree. The forum emoticons don't push the next sentence down much, but they do push it down a bit. I like the cleaner formatting in cache logs because of the smaller emoticons. I have rambled on a much as I can. OK, I you have met me, you know that isn't true. :D

(By the way, for some fun, resize the window and watch the text dance.)

Edited by mtn-man

... I like the smaller cache log images ...

I like the smaller, more consistent emoticons for cache logs too -- but I really don't like the actual images. The forum smiley (:D) looks like a smiley, while the cache-log smiley (icon_smile.gif) looks like a smiley that had a bit too much to drink and then put its lipstick on in the dark.

Likewise the forum "big smile" ( :P ) looks like a big smile, while the cache-log equivalent (icon_smile_big.gif) is just... creepy. It resembles an in-poor-taste old-fashioned caricature of a certain ethnic group.

Edited by the hermit crabs
The forum smiley (:)) looks like a smiley, while the cache-log smiley (icon_smile.gif) looks like a smiley that had a bit too much to drink and then put its lipstick on in the dark.

:angry::D:D So it isn't just me. Best description! :angry::D:D

I agree, and thank you, I really needed that laugh today. :laughing:

The forum smiley (;)) looks like a smiley, while the cache-log smiley (icon_smile.gif) looks like a smiley that had a bit too much to drink and then put its lipstick on in the dark.

:D:o;) So it isn't just me. Best description! ;);):ph34r:

I've seen you put lipstick on in the daylight, but never in the dark. :D

I would like clickable smilies for the logs (non-animated.) It is too hard for me to type "[: )]", and that is the only one I know by heart. The pop-up for smilies on the logs needs to be changed so that you can click on one of them. This is very important to me.

... not really, but I would like it. :D

Edited by Tharagleb