Can you give a red jeep a mission?

TreasureRaiders

I picked up a red jeep today and written with a sharpie on the bug tag it said mission: alaska...I know Alaska in not in the jeep contest (and I think that stinks but that's another topic) so should I try to take the writing off? Should I leave it and just plant it? I'm not sure if I even have any right to remove the markings on the bug--if it was someone's personal bug I wouldn't touch it but it's Jeep's bug...this is only my 3rd bug find--am I just flaking out over nothing? :P

The red jeep that I received did not have any sharpie writing. All the red jeep goals are to travel from cache to cache. Sounds like someone is not happy that Alaska wasnt involved in the contest or thinks it needs to go to the state its named after.

Edited by cgmoyer

There is the answer:

"North Fork Sulatna River (AK)"

I dont know if the location on those is the goal since it really isnt listed under goal on the TB pages. I can understand if someone felt it was a goal. (Maybe it is!) The writing certainly makes sense.

I hate picking up a TB and not knowing the goal. Whenever we get home to log we see that we didnt help its goal but took it in the opposite direction! I hate that!

No, you cannot give a Jeep a new mission. This is the mission right here. The goal is right there on the Jeep page: " Current GOAL: Please do not keep me. Log your visit, and move me to a new geocache!" It is to be used in a contest, entered by those who wish to enter the contest. They are requested by people to be released. Owned by Jeep, released by cachers in to the wild to travel and be enjoyed by all who find them. You may ignore the sharpie written tag. The Jeeps have names, but that isn't the goal, the goal is to move cache to cache.

Edited by Eartha

The red jeep that I received did not have any sharpie writing. All the red jeep goals are to travel from cache to cache. Sounds like someone is not happy that Alaska wasnt involved in the contest.

Actually, that Jeep is named for a river in Alaska, but that's not the goal for it.

Its just someone marking where the jeep is named after, its not a goal.

The ones some of my friends got we marked with the state abbrivation just so we know where they were named for, roughly. But the sharpie will be rubbed off before dropping them, alcohol wipes are good for several reasons & one of us always has some acetone if needed.

Since us geocachers are not the owners of the jeep marked tags we cant decide the goal for the jeeps, nor can we add stuff to them or paint them or change the names.

(Generic) you want to do that then make your own travelbug, like many of us have, I've just not released mine yet. And go crazy with it.

Like it, hate it, doesnt matter, just lump it, IMPO.