"Send to GPS" Link

Duxx

I just got my new Garmin GPSMAP 60cx in the mail today. Whoohoo!

Have any of you been able to use the "Send to GPS" button on the cache pages. I can't.

I have installed the GPS driver software from Garmin that is on the "Trip & Waypoint Manager" CD. My computer recognizes the GPS. However, when I use the "Send to GPS" button it says..."We currently only support Garmin GPS units." And yes, I did down load the new beta version of Garmin plug in.

Any ideas????

Have any of you been able to use the "Send to GPS" button on the cache pages. I can't.

I have installed the GPS driver software from Garmin that is on the "Trip & Waypoint Manager" CD. My computer recognizes the GPS. However, when I use the "Send to GPS" button it says..."We currently only support Garmin GPS units." And yes, I did down load the new beta version of Garmin plug in.

Any ideas????

Any ideas????

I don't have an answer for you, but instead have nearly the same problem. I was happily downloading sites to my GPS...no problems...when, about 1/2 hour ago, I suddenly got an error message when I tried it. It said: "Error on page", and that was that. It won't even let me download previous downloads. I went to Garmin and got their software again, restarted the 'puter, took a walk, had a cup of coffee....nothing. Is there something wrong with the Garmin site...maybe? Anyone......anyone.....

mrmomtwins

I had the same problem tonight. I saw a new cache in my area and just wanted to upload this single cache to my gpsr. I have a Garmin as well and got the same error message. Tried downloading the updated garmin software with no luck. I just manually added the waypoint, but after playing around for 45 minutes it was too dark for my liking to go for this cache; will have to get up extra early to get it before work. :laughing:

I generally run a pq for the caches I want to go for and have no problem running it that way, however, I run it with GSAK so I can send the waypoints to both my GPS and my Palm.

Any ideas????

It doesn't work with Firefox. I know it works with IE...

Any ideas????

It doesn't work with Firefox. I know it works with IE...

Well that explains it for me! Thanks :laughing:

We still need help downloading caches into our Garmin. We are using IE and the "send to gps" button merely tells us that only Garmin products are supported. Again, we have a Garmin 60CSx. We've also installed the plug-in as suggested but to no avail. My husband found a very time-consuming alternative in the meanwhile but hopefully that's a temporary fix to our problem. Any ideas anyone? Thanks!!

Send to gps isn't working for me either. I've tried both IE and firefox, on 2 different machines and it still won't work. It worked before though, maybe a month ago......

Plus, when I go to the Garmin Communicator Plugin Test Page to check it, nothing happens. It says "Garmin Communicator Plugin Test Page" and there's some quick links and other stuff, but as far as testing goes it doesn't doo anything. Anyone know what's going on?

Edited by aniyn

I had been using this feature for over a week and this weekend I updated my membership which may or may not have had anything to do with it but I noticed today I can no longer "Send to GPS". It is acting like the Garmin plugin needs to be loaded which I had already done but to make sure I went ahead and reloaded it again this morning. Still unable to "Send to GPS".

According to me it is not a gc.com problem.

I think the problem is at the garmin site where the real code is located...

The reason why I think that? Well, this is the script which is called by that action:

http://developer.garmin.com/web/communicat...eviceDisplay.js

When you use it, you'll get a message "page could not be found"...

Greetings,

Hans

Edited by weedboer

I have sent an email referring to this thread so maybe we will get some feedback soon on the problem.

This feature has worked for me in the past two days so I don't see how it could be a Garmin code problem. Something has changed someplace in the past couple of days that is causing this problem. The error I am receiving is showing that the Garmin plugin needs to be install not "page could not be found"...

Hmm, still nothing here.

Edit: Wow stupid moment here. I guess it would help if i actually clicked the "Send to gps" button in the pop-up window. Ouch, my pride.

Second edit: Ok, maybe i don't feel so dumb, it still isn't working in firefox. Works in IE though.

Edited by aniyn

Still not working for us. Wade @ Garmin support confirmed just now that this is a geocaching.com issue. In the meanwhile, we're dowloading caches via mapsource (LOC waypoint button) but still want this issue answered since "send to gps" appears as a valid option for downloading caches and for some of you it works.

I have emailed Groundspeak because I got linked to them and will post any response I get. Other than that, anyone else still having this problem?

I just Updated my Garmin 60 C Software, added the plug-in and successfully completed the test. When I try to use the"send to GPS" from a geocache page I get a message in the pop-up window that says - The plug-in was not unlocked successfully. Any ideas anyone?

Welcome to the Forums! :D

I haven't tried to use the Download to GPS button, but seems to me someone said it still worked even with that error. Which browser are you using? That could be part of the problem.

Since you are a Premium Member, you can create Pocket Queries and get the information for 500 caches in the time it might take to get this to work . . . :tired: but maybe you already know that. :huh:

Same here w/my nuvi 660. Only works with garmin, etc. Plugin is up to date.

**EDIT** It works fine. I was looking at my Webpage to Garmin Plugin API. That's out currently.

(Newbie).

I think some are confused when the popup appears (Garmin units only) which is apparently just info. Hit the Send to GPS button again and it works.