Travelling to Idaho, Utah and beyond

Fuzzywhip

I am planning a caching holiday to Idaho, Utah and beyond (possibly into Colorado and/or Nevada) after the labor day (September) long weekend.

Can anyone suggest any caches they would recommend for this trip?

I would like to try for difficulty/terrain 3 or less caches located near organized trails or paved roads (my minivan doesn't do the off-road thing).

I haven't travelled in this area for many years, so please be kind :-)

Fuzzywhip

Those are some big states. Do you have a route in mind or are you willing to travel wherever the caches may take you?

Right now, my travel plans are wide open, so suggested caches will affect where I travel.

As I usually only have a few days of holidays, my route will probably be a major highway thru either Spokane or Republic, down into Idaho, thru Idaho to Utah. Beyond Salt Lake City, my options are open.

Fuzzywhip

Those are some big states. Do you have a route in mind or are you willing to travel wherever the caches may take you?

Right now, my travel plans are wide open, so suggested caches will affect where I travel.

As I usually only have a few days of holidays, my route will probably be a major highway thru either Spokane or Republic, down into Idaho, thru Idaho to Utah. Beyond Salt Lake City, my options are open.

Fuzzywhip

If you're going through Utah, and past the Salt Lake you may as well check out the caches put out by the Utah State Parks. We logged the one at the Salt Lake marina back in April and really enjoyed it. Rated as a 1/1, it's also mini van accessible. :P

Utah State Parks

I'm from north Idaho originally and often cache there on my visits home. I'd definitely recommend staying a night or two in the Sandpoint/Priest River/Coeur d'alene area. I know my dad has several caches placed in pretty areas over there. :ninja:

If you head through Southern Idaho, by way of Boise, I'd recommend checking out the Bruneau Sand Dunes southeast of Mountain Home. It's a great park, the dunes are a lot of fun and there are some good caches in the area!

Let me know if you need any travel advice for either area.

I'm from north Idaho originally and often cache there on my visits home. I'd definitely recommend staying a night or two in the Sandpoint/Priest River/Coeur d'alene area. I know my dad has several caches placed in pretty areas over there. :ninja:

As does Moun10Bike. In fact, his first cache placement, which is the oldest cache in Idaho, is above Priest Lake: Camels Prairie Stash.

Edited by hydnsek