not receiving notifications

joey0309

for some reason i am not receiving emails when someone finds one of my caches or a cache im watching. i dont know why this is, i do receive the weekly notifications for new caches in my area tho. anyone else ever have this problem?

for some reason i am not receiving emails when someone finds one of my caches or a cache im watching. i dont know why this is, i do receive the weekly notifications for new caches in my area tho. anyone else ever have this problem?

this has been going on for some time now........i dont even get notified when someone finds one of my caches....let alone if i am watching one.

no one else has this problem? i dont know what to do because there is noway to turn on a "watch" for a cache i own...its supposed to automatically watch it but its not working.....very very frustrating....

this has been going on for some time now........i dont even get notified when someone finds one of my caches....let alone if i am watching one.

no one else has this problem? i dont know what to do because there is noway to turn on a "watch" for a cache i own...its supposed to automatically watch it but its not working.....very very frustrating....

Two things I can think of might be causing this, well three maybe:

- You are not checking the email account that you used when signed up at GC.com

- Your spam filter is discarding the emails from GC.com

- Your ISP thinks GC.com emails are spam and they are not letting them through.

Are you getting any emails from GC.com?

Two things I can think of might be causing this, well three maybe:

- You are not checking the email account that you used when signed up at GC.com

- Your spam filter is discarding the emails from GC.com

- Your ISP thinks GC.com emails are spam and they are not letting them through.

Are you getting any emails from GC.com?

yes. i get the weekly update from GC.com and i check my email everyday. its a yahoo account so my isp isnt blocking them........and they arent ending up in my spam box either b/c i have looked....i am at a loss.

By the way, an easy fix for your problem is to get a gmail account and have your GC.com email sent there.

Don't you have to be invited to get a google email account? Or is that how it originally started out and now adays they just let anyone sign up?

I'm running a travelbug game right now and we're losing notifications from people that use the WAP site or log from the field via some PDAs/blackberries.

We have over 40 people on the watchlist, so it's a variety of email systems that are not receiving the notices. I'm on gmail and see most of the notifications, but a couple are dropping out here and there even though they're listed on the bug's page.

:laughing:

My problems started the day that I changed my home coords. Ever since then, I have received zero new cache notifications, and zero logs for my caches. I do get the weekly updates, however. FYI, I have been using the same Yahoo account for several years. And I'm not in the mood to move to gmail just to satisfy people that I pay for service.

My problems with the Notifications and Pocket Queries started after noon last Friday. Today, I have been on the phone with my used-to-be-reliable ISP and have sent them numerous emails, but it is yet to be fixed. :D

Apparently, they received a "threat" that messages from the entire Groundspeak domain, including "geocaching.com" and "Waymarking.com" would contain viruses, so it was "Black Listed."

I have emailed contact@geocaching about the problem, not that they can do anything about it, although maybe they could tell me how to light a fire under my ISP. I submitted an alternate email for them to contact me, but have yet to receive a response.

I don't want to change my email address . . . yet . . . not when I pay for good service from my ISP. I have never had a problem with their service before, even when everyone else was having problems last year.

At least I can get my PQs using my Yahoo! address. :D

I also recently started having problems with PQ's and new listing notifications. I have Knology for my internet provider. When I called Knology about my problem they told me they couldn't see a problem on their side. they also checked to make sure the geocaching.com was not black listed. Today I sent a PQ to my knology account and my Yahoo account, Yahoo received it with no problems so it makes it look like the problem is on the Knology side, but I don't know how to get it fixed. Any suggestions

Thanks

I guess I'll bump this up to see if anyone from Groundspeak will reply to offer their insight.

I have sent messages to contact@geocaching.com and have not received a reply. I even sent a message to an individual who works for Groundspeak, but haven't received a reply. :P

I have sent many messages to my ISP, intergate.com, and they are "workin' on it." If someone from Groundspeak could help me, and roundnround we go understand why this could happen, it would sure be appreciated.

Edited by Miragee

I guess notifications aren't being blocked the are just getting lost in the system somehow. I just received a couple more of my PQ's from Friday. But I still haven't received any notification of the newly published caches in my area. I guess I'll get them sometime next week. Seems like the only thing I can do now is sit back and hope the problem corrects itself.

I solved my problem by using my g-mail account to forward the messages back to my email client. I had to change my email address on GC.com to g-mail, but I'm getting all the Notifications just like before.

I don't know if I'll ever see the many, many messages stuck on GC.com's server and being blocked by my ISP.

My problems with the Notifications and Pocket Queries started after noon last Friday. Today, I have been on the phone with my used-to-be-reliable ISP and have sent them numerous emails, but it is yet to be fixed. :angry:

Apparently, they received a "threat" that messages from the entire Groundspeak domain, including "geocaching.com" and "Waymarking.com" would contain viruses, so it was "Black Listed."

I have emailed contact@geocaching about the problem, not that they can do anything about it, although maybe they could tell me how to light a fire under my ISP. I submitted an alternate email for them to contact me, but have yet to receive a response.

I don't want to change my email address . . . yet . . . not when I pay for good service from my ISP. I have never had a problem with their service before, even when everyone else was having problems last year.

At least I can get my PQs using my Yahoo! address. :D

I think you are better off using an online account like Yahoo, MSN or Google.