Photos not showing up in Gallery when using Firefox

TrailGators

I've been using Firefox lately because my IE is so honked up with spyware. Anyhow, I noticed that the gallery photos in our profiles are not showing up when I use Firefox. They used to work before the recent change was made. Anyhow, all I see are little white squares where the photos should be. The photos do show up in IE, but I'd rather use Firefox. I'm guessing that there is some plug-in that makes the new photos work in Firefox...

Edit: I just noticed that my thread title should say: "Photos not showing up in Gallery when using Firefox". :laughing: Can someone please fix this? :laughing:

Edited by TrailGators

I use firefox. I cant stand IE. anyway... I am slow. Are you referring to the user gallery or the geocache gallery?

I dont understand what the issue is you are talking about. The pictures dont show up?

There is a plugin for firefox that makes the pictures in both (i think) galleries show up so you can see them without clicking on them.

I think Prime Suspect has a page with the grease monkey scripts. Although the last one i got was sooo annoying i had to delete it.

I use firefox. I cant stand IE. anyway... I am slow. Are you referring to the user gallery or the geocache gallery?

I dont understand what the issue is you are talking about. The pictures dont show up?

There is a plugin for firefox that makes the pictures in both (i think) galleries show up so you can see them without clicking on them.

I think Prime Suspect has a page with the grease monkey scripts. Although the last one i got was sooo annoying i had to delete it.

I'm talking about the galleries in our user profiles. Right now I can even get into my account. I guess the server must have crashed... Edited by TrailGators

I've been using Firefox lately because my IE is so honked up with spyware. Anyhow, I noticed that the gallery photos in our profiles are not showing up when I use Firefox. They used to work before the recent change was made. Anyhow, all I see are little white squares where the photos should be. The photos do show up in IE, but I'd rather use Firefox. I'm guessing that there is some plug-in that makes the new photos work in Firefox...

Edit: I just noticed that my thread title should say: "Photos not showing up in Gallery when using Firefox". :laughing: Can someone please fix this? :laughing:

Are you using a proxy, or using an ad-blocker extension?

Are you using a proxy, or using an ad-blocker extension?

I'm definitely not using a proxy. I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.4. I shut off all my virus and spyware blockers and it didn't help. Like I said IE works fine so it has to be something with Firefox... Edited by TrailGators
I can see your Gallery pictures using Opera, Version 9.21. :D
I'm not going to switch to another browser. Firefox with Greasemonkey has some very cool extensions. I am really curious why I have this issue.

Try disabling Greasemonkey and if there is no change then try disabling any other extensions you have installed. Also when reloading the page use the CTRL-F5 combination. This not only reloads the page but forces the browser to NOT use any cached information, it will attempt to re-download everything.

I can see your Gallery pictures using Opera, Version 9.21. :D
I'm not going to switch to another browser. Firefox with Greasemonkey has some very cool extensions. I am really curious why I have this issue.

Try disabling Greasemonkey and if there is no change then try disabling any other extensions you have installed. Also when reloading the page use the CTRL-F5 combination. This not only reloads the page but forces the browser to NOT use any cached information, it will attempt to re-download everything.

I disabled every extension and refreshed the page to no avail. This is really odd!

Is this option checked?

20070701132356qr1.png

If it is, click the Exceptions button, and I'll bet anything that geocaching.com or img.geocaching.com is listed. Just remove the entry, and everything should work.

That did it!!! I have no idea how GC got blocked but now everything is working! Thanks!!! :D:D