Search for trackable items

MrTBELL

I would like to request a feature be added to search for trackable items (like you can currently search for caches) relative to a location. I would like the search response to include Traveler Icon, Traveler NAME, Cache name where located, Distance and Date deposited.

I travel a lot for business and this would allow me to quickly scan caches near my home coordinates to see if there are any I can help with their goal. It would also give me the ablility to see travelers that have been sitting in caches for too long.

It is possible to do this now by performing a cache search, scrolling down the list looking to traveler Icons, clicking on the cache and then clicking on the individual traveler names. This is a lot of clicking!

Thanks!

G'day

Another option is to use a tool such as GSAK. Gives you more flexible with setting "home" locations etc.

Regards

Andrew

I am a huge fan of GSAK and use it to manage my GPX files before uploading to my GPS. Are you saying it has a way to sort TB's by location?

I am a huge fan of GSAK and use it to manage my GPX files before uploading to my GPS. Are you saying it has a way to sort TB's by location?

Looking at the search function, yes. I suggest you check out the options and have a play. If you need help goto the GSAK forums at http://gsak.net.

Regards

Andrew

I played with this on GSAK and it gets me part of the way there. I can sort caches within a distance from a coordinate that contain TB's. However, I still end up with a list of caches. To see the TB's and how long they have been sitting you have to go to the cache page and then go to the TB page. To get back to the list you have to back up two pages. Same is true if you run a pocket query. You get a list of caches.

This request is for the ability to produce a direct list of TB's sorted by distance.

I will second this request. I would like to be able to search for dead bugs in our area and get them relocated to an "unknown" location by the cache owners. Many caches have bugs listed that have flown the coop only to sit there for months teasing us. Search by key words would be great too, you could find all the jeeps in the area <_<:laughing:

I played with this on GSAK and it gets me part of the way there. I can sort caches within a distance from a coordinate that contain TB's ... This request is for the ability to produce a direct list of TB's sorted by distance.

You should be able to search for and only show caches within ex distance from a given coordinate with trackables in them but I am not sure what you mean by "sorted by distance."

Regards

Andrew

I would love the idea of any feature that doesn't require GSAK.

My sentiment exactly. GSAK is bandied around way too much.

But when it comes to me wanting to find a particular bug that has clues to a mystery cache. I go to the profile of the bug owner if I know it, or go to the cache page of the cache it's linked to and find where the bug is currently. And then I put a Watch on it.

But so far the several like this that I've done have been all done without Watches and all accidently.

The Thoreau Hitchiker TBHFC3 for Thoreau Hitchiker GC5CA.

Revenge of the Tape Measure #1-#2 TBN1JH TBNGVZ TBNDQT for Revenge of the Tape Measure GCT08K.

Follow That Bug #1-#4 for TBB001 TBB948 TBC375 TBD2E7 for Follow tThat Bug GCHMNV.

Mutant Beaver Chipmunk With A Secret TB11XJX for Lair of the Mutant GCYBZD.

Appreciating Bubba Riley and Jonathan Geocoin TBK2KZ for FB GCP9E3.

I think that's all that I've done/am working on.

I travel a lot for work too, so I agree that it would be nice to be able to search on a TB's 'mission' to find ones that want to go to a certain state. But, I think it would be hard to do since this information is buried in the TB mission.

What I would REALLY like to see, is a way to search for all caches containing multiple TB's! Right now I'm 2000 miles from home, and I have 2 TB's I want to drop off, but I want to trade for 2 TB's that need to go back east. I have to look at every cache with a TB to see if there are multiples. GSAK doesn't really help because it doesn't show me multiple TB's either. Then I have to manually check the mission of each TB.

One trip, I was in Denver on the way to the airport and I picked up a TB. It didn't have the mission listed on the TB. I got home to Delaware and found that it's mission was to get to Denver! oops!

I would like to enter an address (usually of the hotel I am at), and search for low terrain, low difficulty caches in the area with multiple TB's.

I would also like to find a way to search for all caches I can do in work clothes. Maybe this can be added as a cache attribute? Sometimes the only cache I can possibly get after a meeting is a LPC. Sometimes it is hard to figure out which ones are LPC's without looking at every discription.