route caches

cad-guy

I've created my route in google earth. I looks good, like I want it. After uploading, creating a pq, it takes a totally different route. It is starting in the right place, but veers way off course. Any idea what might be happening. I've done it numerous times, and given it different names.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

MKH

... it takes a totally different route. It is starting in the right place, but veers way off course.

I've seen this too. It only appears as a problem with the visible map. If you run the PQ, you will get caches for the correct route.

Would be nice to see this fixed, though.

something is screwy with routes... i cant delete or modify PQ that have been created with KML files. they seem to run ok, but when i click on them to modify or delete them i get an error message

I've been having the same issue. Before yesterday I hadn't ever tried creating a KML and using it to generate a PQ. It seems to work OK for generating the PQ, but I get an error when I either try to delete or modify the route. (Haven't tried to modify the PQ though.) Having never before experimented with KML files, I originally thought that I was just messing something up by trying to use a KML file to generate the route, but if others are also having issues I feel sort of better.

I've created my route in google earth. I looks good, like I want it. After uploading, creating a pq, it takes a totally different route. It is starting in the right place, but veers way off course. Any idea what might be happening. I've done it numerous times, and given it different names.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

MKH

Several other users have reported this same thing - see this post for their findings...

It is anoying - I can't use them either. However, some of the "random Routes" can appear quite entertaining as you often need a boat to complete them :angry:

NotMilk (mandalucas)

Same problem.

The route will not delete. I have 5 of them and it looks like I may be stuck with them for life. When I open up the route, and select the delete tab I get a message asking me am I sure and this can't be changed. I select ok, and the route is still there(all 5 of them)

Any help

... it takes a totally different route. It is starting in the right place, but veers way off course.

I've seen this too. It only appears as a problem with the visible map. If you run the PQ, you will get caches for the correct route.

Would be nice to see this fixed, though.

No, I have the same problem and the PQ reflects the screwed up route.