Dad is looking for a navigation GPS for the car

He's needing something simple, since he's not a techie. He doesn't need a ton of bells and whistles. He does a lot of vehicle transfers for a local car dealership, so it would need to be relatively portable.

He's looking at several models:

Garmin - Nuvi 350, streetpilot C340, and streetpilot 530.

Magellan Maestro 3100.

Do you guys have any suggestions on what might be the best of these for the money - or other model?

I use a Streepilot C320. Model is discontinued from Garmin but should be able to find it retail somewhere. I think all of the C series StreePilots would work for a non techie dad.

If you are technical enough you can get the C320, buy a 1GB SD card for $20 or way less, load up the maps for him and be done.

The C330 has its maps preloaded. The C340 you mentioned is also preloaded and speaks street names and can add one of those traffic things (it's optional). The higher and thus much pricier units have things like bluetooth for your cell phone and traffic devices built in.

I don't know much about the Nuvi line.

Just purchased Nuvi 660. Love it!! Has all the whistles and bells. Bluetooth, FM modulator, MP3, photos, etc. Great maps, poi's etc.. but was a lot of $$'s. $599/Sam's.

Smaller screen, same features, Nuvi 360.

Without all the whistle's and bells, Nuvi 350. WallyWorld had them on the shelf last week..

Dr. P