Trache Can

scavok

I am planning on placing a "Trache Can."

It would be a huge ammo can geocache who's theme would be for geocachers to place all their dead batteries, broken mctoys, dollar store junk, rusty whatevers, business cards and other advertisements, etc. in it so that all the geocachers in the immediate area have no excuse for junking up other caches :blink:

It goes without saying that I would clean it out often! I would also keep it stocked with decent swag for people to pick up in exchange for dumping their junk.

Is this a decent idea? Has it been done before?

Edited by scavok

It has been done before.

Like you even needed to ask...

My first thought was you were going to put out a trash can....literally. :blink:

Heck, I might as well (:

I guess what I should have asked was, is this a common type of theme for a cache? If anyone out there has visited one or runs one, how is it generally accepted? Some people like mctoys and for some reason wouldn't want to put them in a trache can... has it led to angry notes on the listing?

Why don't people put McTrash in trash cans and not in caches? There are garbage caches everywhere! (Garbage cans.) Why not just keep caches in the best condition we can?

When i find geo-trash in a cache, i remove it. No need to trade as it has no value.

I would rather visit a micro than a cache with junk in it.

Remember though, little trinkets while junk to adults, may be very valuable to a child.

A significant hike for junk. My kids would love hate it. We always CITO anyways so i don't understand what the point is. Just to grab another smilie?

Just as many caches' purposes are for the hike, not the SWAG...

There's a bigger picture to this than just dumping junk in the can, it would be a reminder to encourage caching etiquette as a whole, with a smiley for the effort.