Is this authorized?

I was doing a little poking around, and discovered a list at Trimbleoutdoors website which contains waypoint, title, ratings and location of 500 SF area caches!

surely they have other lists as well? Are these authorized? they're billed as POI with no explanation of the game, could this be causing some "stolen cache" outbreaks?

can't put a link with this PSP, but if you Google "SF Downtown 500"

OK, at the first look I didn't realize that it's a user posted list (just one in a list 7 pages long)

The biggest problem that comes to mind is the harm that could come to some of those Caches when the locations are handed to some hiker/tourist who has only heard enough about GeoCaching to know that something will be hidden there, but not enough to know that it should stay. A half dozen or more could easily go missing before they realize what they've done.

I would think someone who intentionally goes out looking for a geocache, even if they don't know what it is, will be less likely to walk off with the cache than someone who randomly stumbles across it.

I mean, once you open the container I would think it's pretty obvious that it isn't something you just take home and keep.

Anyone with a GPS, a list of geocache coordinates, and an interest in seeing what they were all about would also probably have the foresight to do a quick Google search of geocaching before they actually ventured out to look for one.

Not that there aren't exceptions, but I don't see how it's that much of a risk.