No waypoint identifier on cache pages

currymac

In order to conserve paper and space I transcribe all relevant information to a Word document to take with me. I need the waypoint so I can easily find it on my GPS. The old cache pages clearly displayed the waypoint info. Now I have to download the waypoint simply to get the number. It's a real pain.

I would really like to see the waypoint info returned as a text item on the web page.

In order to conserve paper and space I transcribe all relevant information to a Word document to take with me. I need the waypoint so I can easily find it on my GPS. The old cache pages clearly displayed the waypoint info. Now I have to download the waypoint simply to get the number. It's a real pain.

I would really like to see the waypoint info returned as a text item on the web page.

It takes awhile to navigate the new layout, I missed the waypoint ID GC.... at first and found it in the upper right corner a little later. I don't care much for the way the new page is spread out leaving so much open space.

I missed the waypoint ID GC.... at first and found it in the upper right corner a little later.

If you wait a day or so I'm sure that the GCasdf identifier will disappear completely or be moved elsewhere on a cache page just for the heck of it and to piss us all off.

Dynamic HTML does not mean that a web site should completely change it's look every day and actuall y have everything that used to work get broken.

I just made some more 'improvements'

Let me know what you think

Yes! Yes!

I'm one of the first to grumble when perfectly good page layouts change, but the format as of right now looks really good. And the print friendly (&pf=y) pages look pretty good too.

One little thing: could you remove the "Download" header and "Send to Phone" box from the print-friendly page? They're a waste of toner.

The print friendly page has no GC# on it,readly miss that Ref number :rolleyes: Please bring it back

Can you link us to an example of a print friendly page that does not have the GC number in the upper right corner of the page? As best as I could tell from sampling a half dozen pages, this issue is resolved. :D

Here's what I see. Although I am dismayed at the wasted space on the right side. Seems like the attempts was to have the waypoint in a guide margin, but it seems that they're using fixed pixel widths.

The code for the printer friendly right before that waypoint shows this:

<td valign="top" width="175"><!-- start Col 2--><font size='+2'>GCT9RQ</font>

I think it would make MUCH more sense to use a % width instead of a fixed width. That way the page would be more flexible in using the text to the margins...