What was the coolest item you have found....

I'm a newbie, only have 9 finds so far.

The coolest thing I've found thus far was a micro cache container itself which was a fake rock in a rock wall.

Perhaps the coolest thing I've taken out of a traditional cache is the big hunk of amethyst I found the day before yesterday, along with seeing phat.bak's card in there.

Edited by The John

The coolest thing I've found in a cache was a plush toy goose.

Yeah, it doesn't sound like much but it was one of the last caches we did before moving from Alaska. He is the mascot for AT&T Alascom. It's just one more reminder of my home. He sets on my desk as I type.

Memories are some of the best things in caching.

.....or in life for that matter. ;)

On the day I learned of a geofriend's death, I went to find a terrain 3 cache deep in the woods. When I got there, I sat down and cried, and had my first conversation with God in years.

I spoke at my friend's funeral. In my eulogy I said that he made finding God a difficulty 1 cache. I was right. For now He is with me all the time. ;)

I really don't think that I'll ever top that for "coolest item." But if you want to limit the discussion to tangible items, I think that a book about llamas would head up my list. I was thrilled to find it after scrambling 600 feet down the side of a cliff. (That is why my hand is very dirty in the photo.)

a0a3d2fd-6f3a-4c0b-b323-69ae08348e37.jpg

While doing a group of caches in an area -- someone had left handmade jewelry at each one! I ended up taking a pair of earrings that ended exactly matching the color of a shirt I had!

I thought this was really something different and cool to leave! So thanks to the unknown cacher!

Morgan Dollar - found it back in July of 2001 and I still have it.

I think the coolest thing I've ever found at a cache was the overwhelming sense of wonder when I found my first geocache. It was an ammo can placed by the person who first told me about geocaching. I just sat there being totally amazed that something like this had been sitting around unknown. I know it's corny but, like many before me have said, I was totally hooked at that point.