For sale: Zire 31 for Paperless Caching

For sale, a Zire 31, w/USB hotsync/charging cable, rubber flip cover, and stylus.I will also include a 64 meg SD card(not 16 like in the subheading DOH!)

The Zire 31 offers MP3 playing capabilities (with an external speaker!), a color screen, and an SD card slot for expandability. This is my PDA of choice for everyday use, as well as for paperless caching.

This unit has some minor case wear, but a pristine screen, with no scuffs, scratches or dings. Comes with a personal 30 day warranty against functionality issues.

Price is $50 picked up (zip code 34957), or $55 shipped, Alaska, Hawaii, and Canadian add $4 (sorry!).

I accept PayPal, or Postal money orders.

Sync software can be downloaded for free at www.palm.com.

CacheMate can be found at www.smittyware.com

PLEASE ask questions if you have them! I answer PDA and paperless caching questions for free- before and after a sale, and even if you never become a customer (it saves trees!), so don't hesitate to ask a question.

A link to my eBay rating is in my profile. I can offer references from previous buyers from this board if needed.

Cheers!

Edited by TheBattons

Hi B's do you still have a zire available?

sounds like it would come in handy for caching, but I hesitate to use my work pda, just in case. Lori

I have a couple left still....

Not to tell you what to do, but if you are looking for a second PDA for just caching, why not go with a M100, M105, M150, etc (IE., a less expensive option) than something with bells & whistles that increase your cost, yet will seldom get used?

TheBattons

Hi B's do you still have a zire available?

sounds like it would come in handy for caching, but I hesitate to use my work pda, just in case. Lori

I have a couple left still....

Not to tell you what to do, but if you are looking for a second PDA for just caching, why not go with a M100, M105, M150, etc (IE., a less expensive option) than something with bells & whistles that increase your cost, yet will seldom get used?

TheBattons

ok, I am open for something else, as long as the screen is color. do you sell others?

ok, I am open for something else, as long as the screen is color. do you sell others?

Yes, I have other models, but if you require color, you are stuck in the same price range ($50-ish), and might as well go with a Zire 31.

For what reason would you require color, if you only plan on using the PDA for caching? Color doesn't add any functionality (that I'm aware of) for CacheMate or Plucker.

I have no problem selling a Z31 to you, I just want to be sure you will be happy with your choice in PDA. I do this (assist with and sell PDAs to cachers) to help improve the sport (game? pastime?) of geocaching, not to make money. If I can help you save some money, that's more trade goodies you can put in caches, and that helps us all!

PS- One sold, one left.

HEY!,

I have been geocaching for around 1 1/2- 2 1/2 months. I have geocached with my mom and her boyfriend. They use the phone technique and also use a GPS. After talking to my dad about geocaching he sound pretty interested. Now at my dad's house we use verizon so we can not use the phone technique, and can't buy a GPS. He does have a Dell Axim X50v (a PDA). It has Dell Navigation System. We looked at it and there is no way to put longitude latitude in it (even in way points). Now I don't know what to do, so can u plz reply if u know or use anything that might be helpful. THX

longjohnryan177

is it still for sale, and what other units do you have fro sale? I bought a IPAQ 3650 and found that Cachemate is not available for the Windows CE version it has installed. Also the only way to add memory is through the the expansion sleeve.

is it still for sale, and what other units do you have fro sale? I bought a IPAQ 3650 and found that Cachemate is not available for the Windows CE version it has installed. Also the only way to add memory is through the the expansion sleeve.

I don't work much with Pocket PCs, but doing some quick research, I've deduced yours runs Windows CE 2000. Compaq offered a free upgrade, try finding that instead of going out and spending money...

That should be a way for you to use CacheMate and not pay a dime (hopefully!).

Hope it helps,

TheBattons

Edited by TheBattons

For sale, a Zire 31, w/USB hotsync/charging cable, rubber flip cover, and stylus.I will also include a 64 meg SD card(not 16 like in the subheading DOH!)

The Zire 31 offers MP3 playing capabilities (with an external speaker!), a color screen, and an SD card slot for expandability. This is my PDA of choice for everyday use, as well as for paperless caching.

This unit has some minor case wear, but a pristine screen, with no scuffs, scratches or dings. Comes with a personal 30 day warranty against functionality issues.

Price is $50 picked up (zip code 34957), or $55 shipped, Alaska, Hawaii, and Canadian add $4 (sorry!).

I accept PayPal, or Postal money orders.

Sync software can be downloaded for free at www.palm.com.

CacheMate can be found at www.smittyware.com

PLEASE ask questions if you have them! I answer PDA and paperless caching questions for free- before and after a sale, and even if you never become a customer (it saves trees!), so don't hesitate to ask a question.

A link to my eBay rating is in my profile. I can offer references from previous buyers from this board if needed.

Cheers!

Is this still up for sale? What's with the non user replaceable battery? Seems like the only down side to the unit.