Need interesting facts about Caching for class

You might want to read how geocaching got it's start ( I forget where I read about that) back when GPS satellite tracking first became available to the general public.

Here's an angle you can explore: Geocaching as it is today is a sport/hobby that almost anyone can participate in. There are caches designed for all ages and abilities.

Hello to all,

I am giving an informative speech in my college class on Geocaching. I was wondering if anyone had any interesting facts that I could use or knew of any resources that might help. Thanks for any help.

Discoducks :)

While it is certainly "interesting" and quite sensationalistic, you may wish to studiously avoid mentioning in your speech that many of the supermarket tabloid newspapers and many conspiracy-theory websites claim -- with some justification -- that the sport of geocaching is heavily subisdized by the space aliens (the malevolent alien grays, that is), and that the entire sport of geocaching exists largely at the behest of these space aliens, who have their own evil reasons for luring people off the beaten track into secluded rural areas where they can abduct these geocachers, emplace brain implants, erase their memory of the incident and then release the "geocacher" back into the world as a hapless robotic slave of the space aliens to serve their agenda on earth. Yes, it is quite interesting, and also quite tragic, but it is just too sensationalistic for you to mention in your speech. You do not want half of your audience to commit suicide and the other half to go out hunting geocachers with a vengeance. Besides, the aliens might be offended if you mention their plot in public. In fact, the only reason that I can get away with writing posts such as this with impunity is that I wear my aluminum foil hat 24 hours per day, and also carry blessed holy water with me at all times in a pendant worn around my neck. :(

BTw, these aliens are particularly on the lookout for geocachers with gasket fabrication skills, as apparently, the aliens have a big problem with leaky neutron-flux gaskets in the powerplants on their motherships which are in geostationary orbit. So, you may wish to warn anyone with such skills to lay low and stay out of the forests and rural areas! :cry:

:(

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

Hello to all,

I am giving an informative speech in my college class on Geocaching. I was wondering if anyone had any interesting facts that I could use or knew of any resources that might help. Thanks for any help.

Discoducks :)

While it is certainly "interesting" and quite sensationalistic, you may wish to studiously avoid mentioning in your speech that many of the supermarket tabloid newspapers and many conspiracy-theory websites claim -- with some justification -- that the sport of geocaching is heavily subisdized by the space aliens (the malevolent alien grays, that is), and that the entire sport of geocaching exists largely at the behest of these space aliens, who have their own evil reasons for luring people off the beaten track into secluded rural areas where they can abduct these geocachers, emplace brain implants, erase their memory of the incident and then release the "geocacher" back into the world as a hapless robotic slave of the space aliens to serve their agenda on earth. Yes, it is quite interesting, and also quite tragic, but it is just too sensationalistic for you to mention in your speech. You do not want half of your audience to commit suicide and the other half to go out hunting geocachers with a vengeance. Besides, the aliens might be offended if you mention their plot in public. In fact, the only reason that I can get away with writing posts such as this with impunity is that I wear my aluminum foil hat 24 hours per day, and also carry blessed holy water with me at all times in a pendant worn around my neck. :(

BTw, these aliens are particularly on the lookout for geocachers with gasket fabrication skills, as apparently, the aliens have a big problem with leaky neutron-flux gaskets in the powerplants on their motherships which are in geostationary orbit. So, you may wish to warn anyone with such skills to lay low and stay out of the forests and rural areas! :(

:cry:

Maybe I should pick another topic!!!!! :( hahaha!

Love the whole Alien post! :laughing:

Seriously though, as far as giving a presentation on the sport, it might be good to add a little 'chapter' on some of the offshoots/deviations of the sport, like benchmark hunting and travelbugs.

An overview of some of the tools used in conjunction with the sport could eat up some time as well if you are having trouble finding content. Stuff like Google Maps, Google Earth, GSAK, etc.

Good luck with the presentation. Would be really cool if you could record it and make it available for us to hear afterwards!

Hello to all,

Discoducks :D

While it is certainly "interesting" and quite sensationalistic, you may wish to studiously avoid mentioning in your speech that many of the supermarket tabloid newspapers and many conspiracy-theory websites claim -- with some justification -- that the sport of geocaching is heavily subisdized by the space aliens (the malevolent alien grays, that is), and that the entire sport of geocaching exists largely at the behest of these space aliens, who have their own evil reasons for luring people off the beaten track into secluded rural areas where they can abduct these geocachers, emplace brain implants, erase their memory of the incident and then release the "geocacher" back into the world as a hapless robotic slave of the space aliens to serve their agenda on earth. Yes, it is quite interesting, and also quite tragic, but it is just too sensationalistic for you to mention in your speech. You do not want half of your audience to commit suicide and the other half to go out hunting geocachers with a vengeance. Besides, the aliens might be offended if you mention their plot in public. In fact, the only reason that I can get away with writing posts such as this with impunity is that I wear my aluminum foil hat 24 hours per day, and also carry blessed holy water with me at all times in a pendant worn around my neck. :D

BTw, these aliens are particularly on the lookout for geocachers with gasket fabrication skills, as apparently, the aliens have a big problem with leaky neutron-flux gaskets in the powerplants on their motherships which are in geostationary orbit. So, you may wish to warn anyone with such skills to lay low and stay out of the forests and rural areas! :D

:D

Oh crap....they know I know how to make gaskets AND I just got a whole roll of gasket paper in...with hole punches..... :D:D:D:D:D