Must be a new record....

With discussion of the UK's projected cache growth - if you want a foretaste then try Pieman's phenomenal :shocked:The Cache Death of the UK which has got 10000, yup that was ten thousand, different ways through the 4 stages you do out of the 202 physical stages. I wonder what the MM track of a maintenance visit looks like :(

Must be the only cache where the difficulty/terrain rating is higher for the setter than the finder!

Anyone know one multi with more than (or anything like!) 202 containers...? Respect!! :o

Lets have a think about this one.

The 0.1 rule should apply to Stages of a Multicache. Lets assume the 202 stages are placed in a square formation, which should be roughly 15x15 stages.

This means the grid should cover an area of 1.5 square miles - technically I suppose this could be done, but as there are 3 caches within this distance, coupled with the photo on one of the logs, I suspect all might not be as it seems :blink:;):unsure:

Lets have a think about this one.

The 0.1 rule should apply to Stages of a Multicache. Lets assume the 202 stages are placed in a square formation, which should be roughly 15x15 stages.

This means the grid should cover an area of 1.5 square miles - technically I suppose this could be done, but as there are 3 caches within this distance, coupled with the photo on one of the logs, I suspect all might not be as it seems :blink:;):D

Nope the proximity rule does not apply to stages within a Multi/Puzzle cache. Only to Physical waypoints of separate caches. The stages could be 8ft/2.4m away from each other [and no that's not a hint just an example :yikes: ]. Only the cache owner and Reviewers :blink: Know the actual distances between all the stages :unsure:

Now I'm confused...

From the guidelines:

The cache saturation guideline applies to all physical stages of multicaches

Which goes on to state

The guideline does NOT apply to event caches, earthcaches, grandfathered virtual and webcam caches, stages of multicaches or puzzle caches entered as “question to answer” or “reference point,” or to any “bogus” posted coordinates for a puzzle cache. Within a single multicache or mystery/puzzle cache, there is no minimum required distance between waypoints.

Notice I stated

Nope the proximity rule does not apply to stages within a Multi/Puzzle cache. Only to Physical waypoints of separate caches.

Which was an reply to Jaz666 who commented

This means the grid should cover an area of 1.5 square miles - technically I suppose this could be done, but as there are 3 caches within this distance, coupled with the photo on one of the logs, I suspect all might not be as it seems tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Making a assumption that stages of a Multi/Puzzle have to be 528ft/161m apart

is in reference to physical sages of Multi/Puzzle caches and waypoints of separate caches, and not stages within a Multi/Puzzle cache.

That there is no proximity issues for stages within Multi/Puzzle caches [meaning they could be 1ft/30cm apart] has always been the case.

Please don't make me relocate the caches!!!! I've still got sore fingers from submitting the additional waypoints. ohh.gif

If you think I'm going to work through all those stages performing proximity checks again :unsure: think again :blink:

Now I'm confused...

From the guidelines:

Which goes on to state

The guideline does NOT apply to event caches, earthcaches, grandfathered virtual and webcam caches, stages of multicaches or puzzle caches entered as “question to answer” or “reference point,” or to any “bogus” posted coordinates for a puzzle cache. Within a single multicache or mystery/puzzle cache, there is no minimum required distance between waypoints.

Notice I stated

Nope the proximity rule does not apply to stages within a Multi/Puzzle cache. Only to Physical waypoints of separate caches.

Which was an reply to Jaz666 who commented

This means the grid should cover an area of 1.5 square miles - technically I suppose this could be done, but as there are 3 caches within this distance, coupled with the photo on one of the logs, I suspect all might not be as it seems tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Making a assumption that stages of a Multi/Puzzle have to be 528ft/161m apart

is in reference to physical sages of Multi/Puzzle caches and waypoints of separate caches, and not stages within a Multi/Puzzle cache.

That there is no proximity issues for stages within Multi/Puzzle caches [meaning they could be 1ft/30cm apart] has always been the case.

Please don't make me relocate the caches!!!! I've still got sore fingers from submitting the additional waypoints. ohh.gif

If you think I'm going to work through all those stages performing proximity checks again :unsure: think again :blink:

well explained Deci! I'd never realised that, and I bet I'm not the only one who's learnt something here...