Noob Questions

MainFrame185

I started geocaching on Sunday after having heard about it for the first time at a Scout-A-Ramma event on Saturday. I've found six caches so far and I'm totally hooked. My last find was about a half hour ago; I found a micro on my lunch break .3 mile from my workplace! I've read the FAQs but still have some questions.

First, where can I get those "Official Geocache" labels I've seen pasted to the sides of the ammo cans and smaller containers. I'm assuming I can get the official Geocache micro logs from the same place?

I also read about the common acronyms and symbols, but can anyone tell me what a "Bison" is or what "TFTHSL" (Thanks for the ???) means?

Thanks and happy caching.

- MainFrame

I started geocaching on Sunday after having heard about it for the first time at a Scout-A-Ramma event on Saturday. I've found six caches so far and I'm totally hooked. My last find was about a half hour ago; I found a micro on my lunch break .3 mile from my workplace! I've read the FAQs but still have some questions.

First, where can I get those "Official Geocache" labels I've seen pasted to the sides of the ammo cans and smaller containers. I'm assuming I can get the official Geocache micro logs from the same place?

I also read about the common acronyms and symbols, but can anyone tell me what a "Bison" is or what "TFTHSL" (Thanks for the ???) means?

- MainFrame

Stickers are available a lot of places. Start here first though.

This lexicon is very helpful. (Thank Prime Suspect.)

Happy caching.

Edited by stephen2

- MainFrame

Stickers are available a lot of places. Start here first though.

This lexicon is very helpful. (Thank Prime Suspect.)

Happy caching.

Thanks! Lot's of good info here. But do you know where to get those official "micro scrolls" that will fit inside a bison or key magnet?

And this is a bison: ((image snipped))

Only thing is that great image doesn't give a comparison of size. I checked and bisons are standard 50mm (there are larger ones). Looked on my ruler and my quarter seems to be 25mm. So if I did it right, here's a close approximation:

6aecd6f7-eb97-4236-b418-b3e0aa1f58e7.jpg

Edited by Markwell

IWPWSAESPOT.......

Stands for:

I wish People would stop abbreviating every stinking phrase out there.....

how hard is it to simply type out...thanks for the cache? See that took me 2 seconds to type.

Sorry for the gripe i just had to put it out there.

lol

IWPWSAESPOT.......

Stands for:

I wish People would stop abbreviating every stinking phrase out there.....

how hard is it to simply type out...thanks for the cache? See that took me 2 seconds to type.

Sorry for the gripe i just had to put it out there.

lol

now thats just mean =P

- MainFrame

testing.... sorry...