76csx power switch

I just took out the 76csx, having not used it for a couple of months and I noticed the on off button was not responding. I had to press it a few times and hold it for about 5 seconds. I also noticed that the button itself is not as firm when pressed like the others, it is also about half the height when viewed from the side. Can someone please confirm this on their 76csx. Looks like I'll have to send it in for repair, not quit a year old yet. Thanks.

I just took out the 76csx, having not used it for a couple of months and I noticed the on off button was not responding. I had to press it a few times and hold it for about 5 seconds. I also noticed that the button itself is not as firm when pressed like the others, it is also about half the height when viewed from the side. Can someone please confirm this on their 76csx. Looks like I'll have to send it in for repair, not quit a year old yet. Thanks.

You did put in fresh batteries, right? If you use rechargeables, they probably self-drained.

And I think the power button is supposed to be recessed, to keep it from accidentally getting pressed.

Edited by Prime Suspect

My power button is not as high as the other buttons. This is normal. You have to press and hold the power key down for a few seconds before the unit will turn on, this is also normal.

Talked to tech support, got an RMA and going back tomorrow. I was having to press and hold it for a long time, and sometimes nothing...they said to send it in. Did any of you notice if the power switch feels as firm as the other buttons when pressing it?

My power button has the same amount of firmness as the other buttons.