GSAK - filter out Unavailable before export / Send to GPS

Dryphter

Hi all - I am looking for a way to filter out the unavailable caches in GSAK prior to sending to Cachemate and to my GPS. I know I can just read the cachemate logs, but it would be nice to not have those even come up when I do a 'nearest search' with the GPS.

Any ideas?

First, I get my PQs for only the caches that "Are Active" so I don't get any Disabled caches in my database.

Then, after refreshing my database with new PQs, I do a "Last .gpx update" filter from the Filter Dialogue Box "Dates" tab.

The list of caches that show up as not having a recent .gpx should be small, so you can check each of them online to see if they are Disabled or Archived.

I learned this the hard way when I went looking for this cache . . . :(

Here is a rudimentary GSAK tutorial that might help with other GSAK questions. B)

This is the way I mark the boxes in one section of the PQ details page:

2e19e8d7-5e21-4326-8cef-6327c29f2302.jpg

I did that becasue I got discouraged seeing the same "Disabled" caches week after week after week . . . :(

If you don't use the option to "Clear database before loading" when you load new Pocket Queries, you are going to have "stale data" in the database unless you periodically do the "Dates" filter since PQs do not return data on Archived caches.

I did that becasue I got discouraged seeing the same "Disabled" caches week after week after week . . . :laughing:

If you don't use the option to "Clear database before loading" when you load new Pocket Queries, you are going to have "stale data" in the database unless you periodically do the "Dates" filter since PQs do not return data on Archived caches.

You left out "Not on my ignore list." The greatest feature on the PQ search page.

I did that becasue I got discouraged seeing the same "Disabled" caches week after week after week . . . :laughing:

I pretty much do all my sorting with the pocket query itself. Alot of times this includes certain types of caches or caches that meet a certain difficulty rating. Mainly, i make sure to click to receive only caches that are active. Yes you can do alot of filtering with GSAK but if you're in a hurry and want extra easy, simply query for the caches you want in the first place and download the whole shabang into your device.

Another very easy way to do this is after you load the PQ in GSAK, in the bottom right corner are the color codes that show the number of caches in each type. The reddish color on the right are the unavailable caches. Double click this and GSAK automatically filters out everything but the unavailable caches. Then click delete waypoints, select all in filter and it clear them out and then shows all available caches again.