where do you mainly search

mtfc94

Ummmmmmm........under a log! :blink::rolleyes::mad::blink:

you dont understand i want to know the area

B)

The area is wherever the arrow on your GPS receiver is pointing B) As you get nearer and nearer to the cache location the numbers on it will gradually decrease until you know that it's somewhere close by. If you do a "walk past" the arrow will swing to indicate where the cache is located. Accuracy will vary according to how good are the "given" co-ordinates on the cache page and other factors on the day.

MrsB

Ummmmmmm........under a log! :blink::rolleyes::mad::blink:

you dont understand i want to know the area

B)

Most cachers begin in their local area. It is very easy to find where the local caches are. On the main account page, on the top right hand side there is a link that enables you to search for the caches nearest to your home. You can even filter out those you have found, which is very handy when you have found a few.

You must have put in your home co-ords in order to get an account, so why not give it a go?

Hope this helps.

To start you off i mainly search in the washington area

Search being the operative word? As you haven't actually found any yet! Anyone is obviously welcome to post on any of the Groundspeak forums, but surely you should try you own regional forum first, for you it would be the US North East forum.

huuummmm or does he mean Washington Tyne and Wear???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington,_Tyne_and_Wear

Mansfield town is a long way from home though??? what with excellent local derby between Sunderland and Newcastle ......off to bed to ponder some more

nite all

To start you off i mainly search in the washington area

Search being the operative word? As you haven't actually found any yet! Anyone is obviously welcome to post on any of the Groundspeak forums, but surely you should try you own regional forum first, for you it would be the US North East forum.

huuummmm or does he mean Washington Tyne and Wear???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington,_Tyne_and_Wear

Mansfield town is a long way from home though??? what with excellent local derby between Sunderland and Newcastle ......off to bed to ponder some more

nite all

I suppose you could be right there.

mtfc... With all the respect in the world, judging from some of your postings you appear to be somewhat "out of your depth".

Go to the www.geocaching.com home page and click "getting started" and then read the various articles.

There are thousands upon thousands of caches all over the world and the UK is teeming with them in every town, village and open space. Where you start to look depends on where you want to go. Learn how to download information and see where caches are. As a start you could use Google Earth to see where every cache in the world is located.

Good luck..

Hello mtfc94,

I mainly search in Cumbria which is the county where I live.

After looking at your profile I see that you haven't found any caches yet. As I don't know where you live I've taken the postcode of your favourite football team and used their postcode as a centre point - you'll be delighted to know there's a cache within a tenth of a mile of the ground:

Caches local to Mansfield Town FC

It looks like an ideal cache to start with, a good size, fairly easy to find and with an interesting theme - I suggest you start your search here - good luck and welcome to the forums... :rolleyes: