Why is the time on the forums off by an hour?

OK, I new this but didn't think of at the time. You can change that setting in "My Controls" at the top of the Forums page. I beleive it's under "Board Settings"

We Hoosiers should be set for minus 5 hours GMT.

Edited by BlackJeepSquadron

Try going to your forum info by clicking on the "My Controls" link at the top right hand corner. On the left hand side under "Options" click on "Board Settings". There, change your base time zone and auto correct DST. When I did that, I got the correct times to show up.

Edit: BlackJeepSquadron beat me to it.

Edited by Hose502

Maybe I should clarify. It used to be correct. It knew I was in the Eastern time zone. I think you tell it what time zone you're in in the settings or profile or something. Now it's wrong. I know I had to lie about the time in various applications during the DST changeover but that's long gone. I figured everything would fix by now.

It all has to do with Special Relativity. Time and space are perceived differently by different people, depending on the observer and their relativistic frame of reference.

Exactly... time exists so everything doesn't happen at once. By spreading us out that extra hour, Groundspeak is looking out for our safety.

It all has to do with Special Relativity. Time and space are perceived differently by different people, depending on the observer and their relativistic frame of reference.

Exactly... time exists so everything doesn't happen at once. By spreading us out that extra hour, Groundspeak is looking out for our safety.

And space exists so everything doesn't happen to you. :lol:

OK, I new this but didn't think of at the time. You can change that setting in "My Controls" at the top of the Forums page. I beleive it's under "Board Settings"

We Hoosiers should be set for minus 5 hours GMT.

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!! thank you so much!!!!!

It's off by three hours here, but I am three time zones east of the west coast.

Capt., I'm on the same time as you (or should be) and mine's off 4 hours.

I thought it had to do with Groundspeak being on PST, but I guess not.

I believe THAT difference is my fault, when I got this computer INdiana quite wisely did not observe DST, so this computer still doesn't. So while my alarm clock beside it says it's 7:42 the computer clock is reading 6:42. :rolleyes:

Your hypothesis, I believe, is largely correct, but it is markedly incomplete, because you ignored the non-causal non-relativistic cumulative and local effects of chaotic unweaving of the fabric of subquantum mat in space-time foam. sigh.

And space exists so everything doesn't happen to you. B)

Yes I know.. but I didn't include that because it was off topic :(

It's off by three hours here, but I am three time zones east of the west coast.

Capt., I'm on the same time as you (or should be) and mine's off 4 hours.

I thought it had to do with Groundspeak being on PST, but I guess not.

I believe THAT difference is my fault, when I got this computer INdiana quite wisely did not observe DST, so this computer still doesn't. So while my alarm clock beside it says it's 7:42 the computer clock is reading 6:42. :(

Isn't Indiana the state that has never figured out how daylight saving time works?