WTB - Palm PDA - 8mb

kohldad

Late last year, I purchased a "new" unused Zire 21 for a paperless trial and enjoyed it. Figured if it survived 6 months it would have been worth it. Unfortunately, the digitizer started acting up after about four weeks. Managed to nurse it for another week or two, but it became unreliable so I put it on the shelf. Now that my wife is really getting into caching, she wants another PDA. Seems like she wants to know about those five other caches on the trail before we walk a mile out of our way. :D

So, while I don't want to spend a fortune, I do want the following features:

8mb memory min

replaceable batteries

color screen (used 90% during the day)

30 day functional guarentee (shy after the last one)

payment by paypal

Late last year, I purchased a "new" unused Zire 21 for a paperless trial and enjoyed it. Figured if it survived 6 months it would have been worth it. Unfortunately, the digitizer started acting up after about four weeks. Managed to nurse it for another week or two, but it became unreliable so I put it on the shelf. Now that my wife is really getting into caching, she wants another PDA. Seems like she wants to know about those five other caches on the trail before we walk a mile out of our way. :D

8mb memory min

replaceable batteries

payment by paypal

Try an m130, an m125 if you don't want color. Both take a Sandisk card so memory is not an issue. Scandisks now run 128mb. There is an m130 on ebay at item number 150102586437. When I posted this it had 19 hours left and was at 15 bucks. I use an m125 and am very happy with it. I have some m100s and m105s laying around the house. I bid a dollar on them and if I win them I win them, if not then I don't worry about it. It is great for the kids, I load books on them from the Gutenberg Project (http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page) another great free thing on the web....

8mb memory min

replaceable batteries

payment by paypal

If by "replaceable batteries" you mean AA or AAA, I don't think there are any PDAs that offer replaceable batteries and a color screen.

i had the same problem with my zire 71 and the digitizer. i took a corner of a piece of paper and ran it between the screen and where the case touch, and it pulled out some small sand. after that it works great. this was suggested to try on palms iwth digitizer problems on the palm site faq....

good luck