what about a "singles" or "caching buddy" group?

Dear Diary,

I had a wonderful time caching today. The sun was out and there was a cool breeze caressing against my cheek. I resisted the urge to get a little industrial by listening to my Funkervogt music on my Mp3 player while I was out. The day was simply that beautiful.

I went to this event that was for people to meet other geocachers for the purposes of having a friend to cache with or maybe more *wink wink* :)

Met this really sweet guy - we hung out for quite awhile and really racked up the finds. Later on we saw a movie and had dinner - and afterwards? He found my geocache! :wub:

(But in all seriousness, sounds like a fun idea.)

Dear Diary,

I had a wonderful time caching today. The sun was out and there was a cool breeze caressing against my cheek. I resisted the urge to get a little industrial by listening to my Funkervogt music on my Mp3 player while I was out. The day was simply that beautiful.

I went to this event that was for people to meet other geocachers for the purposes of having a friend to cache with or maybe more *wink wink* :wub:

Met this really sweet guy - we hung out for quite awhile and really racked up the finds. Later on we saw a movie and had dinner - and afterwards? He found my geocache! :)

I need to find more friends like you....as I stomp around in my combat boots looking for caches. quite the funny lady. got any single friends on the east coast :wub:

Dear Diary,

I went to this event that was for people to meet other geocachers for the purposes of having a friend to cache with or maybe more *wink wink* :wub:

Met this really sweet guy - we hung out for quite awhile and really racked up the finds. Later on we saw a movie and had dinner - and afterwards? He found my geocache! :)

I need to find more friends like you....as I stomp around in my combat boots looking for caches. quite the funny lady. got any single friends on the east coast :wub:

Much <3 for the steel toed combat boots. Sadly my knee high boots are a little too much trouble and not quite compatible with geocaching to a large degree. I *do* go around in BDU's and combat'esque boots because I will be the first one to dive into some shrubs and bushes to try and find a cache. Alas, I am a west coastie though. :3

I'm a jungle boots type of guy myself. Actually they're 15 inch tall, camoflauge, snake proof hikers, with a skeleton knife on the side. Wearing sandals down here will get you snake bit for sure. I greatly enjoy the solitude of the woods, and caching alone. It's the "at one with nature" type thing, I suppose. I only cache during the day though, as we have a serious bigfoot infestation problem down here. But I still like caching alone. But it would be nice to have someone at home to help me off with these boots.

And not to wonder off topic, but has anyone thought of geo-streaking yet? Just curious.

Edited by X-isle

Mine don't have a steel toe, but the majority of time, I'm wearing my heavy-duty hiking boots when I go caching. AND, not shorts, even in the summer when it's HOT (too much bushwacking and bugs). It would be nice to have a geo-buddy to go caching with all the time. I go alone quite often, and have a couple girlfriends who go with me once in a while (like today; headed out shortly, yay!).

I don't know about "geo-streaking", but there IS a cacher out there (in the west I think) who's ID is "naked cacher", and by all accounts, he DOES cache naked! :D If I find a link I'll edit and post it.

Oops... had the ID wrong, but here's his profile.

Of course, summertime is split between geocaching and GOLF (I don't have to do as much bushwacking when I golf). :D

:)

(Edited to add link)

Edited by mizdeeds