Magellan Rechargeable Batteries on Back order

Danske

I paid $2 each for my Motorola SNN5595B batteries on Ebay. With shipping it was $11 total. They are identical L-ion batteries to what Magellen is selling. I tried rechargeable AAA batteries first in my E 500, but they wouldn't last more than a few hours. The L-ion last over 15 hours and charge very quickly. If you want to charge it fast in the GPS, have the unit turned off. Charging while on is much slower. I bought one of the swivel cradles and it just sits on my desk like a docking port. Charges and downloads caches at the same time.

I have had on backorder the Li-on battery pack for my Magellen 500LE for four weeks now, can anyone beat that.

Yes, how about I had to ship my 600 back for repair which they told me to leave that battery in (it was a power issue). They shipped me a replacement unit with out a battery, took almost 3 months to get a battery. Was much faster to get the AAA battery clip from Tigergps and from cabelas.

If you have access to a Motorola T720 cell phone the batteries for it is the same as the Magellan. It's not as strong but it does work. Get the battery with 1100 as any bigger and it will not fit behind the cover. I have (2) and use the 720 to charge the batteries and swap them out as needed. I bought these on ebay for about $10 each. With these Magellan batteries on backorder I figured it was worth it until I received the Magellan order. <_<

Coinshooter, when starting a new thread, please see if there's an active thread on the same issue. In this case, there was so I collapsed it into the existing discussion.

Thanx for helping keep the conversations focused and meaningfully searchable.

BTW, many of the questions being asked here are covered in the Explorist FAQs at http://www.gpsfaqs.org

Edited by robertlipe

I ordered mine on Friday, March 9th through my Magellan account. I found I could track the order through my account. Well I figured I would give it a couple of business days to see if it would come in off back-order before I called customer service.

On Tuesday, March 13th I checked my account, still on back-order, so called Magellan and they told me it should come in by that Friday, March 16th and be shipped out on Monday or Tuesday, the 19th or 20th but to call back on Tuesday the 20th to get a status on when it might come in. :rolleyes:

Friday the 16th rolled around but still on back-order. So I called Magellan back as advised, yesterday the 20th. This time they told me it should come in by Friday, March 23rd and be shipped to me by the first week in April.

Well, I checked my account to view the order again today, just for the halibut. Now they have removed the option to check the status of the order. It's just gone. So, me being distraught :rolleyes: I called them back again today. They are now telling me, one day later, that it should come in by the first week in April and ship out some time after that. When I asked the guy about why I could no longer view the status/track my order on-line through my account, he said they removed that option from the website. I asked him how was I supposed to track my order now and he said I would need to call customer service to ask them the status of my order. My guess is they got tired of me calling them back as advised by them, so they took the order tracking option down from my account. They're not to smart if that's the case, because all that did is open up a can of worms with me. I will be calling them back!

Well I e-mailed the webmaster to tell him it has been removed and to ask when they will put the order status/tracking option back on the website. From some of the other posts I've read, I don't really expect to receive a reply on my e-mail... Do you all still have the option to view the status of your order?

Edited by pinemtnbuddy

this is what it says on the bottom of the magellan email

" Thank you for shopping at the Magellan Store. Your order has been received and is being processed. You will receive a shipping confirmation when your order ships. You may track your order at any time by visiting http://www.magellangps.com and logging in. This will take you to your "My Account" page where you can track your order.

but once on the site and logged on there is no option to track.

They told me today via email that they might ship 1st week of april.

The power display on the position screen should give you a pretty good idea. If you are charging with a wall-wart, I think 4 hours should do it. If you are charging via USB connection, then I'd let it go overnight (it can take a lot longer).

I'm not sure if this is the case for all rechargeable batteries (or to be particular, this one), but you may optimize capacity by fully charging and discharging the battery for two or three initial cycles.

I called Magellan this morning about the battery/AC bundle. My order has been backordered for a full month. The person I spoke to said "You should be receiving the item in the next 2 weeks".

I'm guessing "2 weeks" is the standard statement for something on backorder.

Has anyone else called recently and been given any more specific details as to when these things will be available?