Who's Watching Your Cache/item?

I noticed that there are two users watching one of my Travel Bugs. Is there a way to find out who they are? Same question applies to a Cache too.

Only the Charter Members can see that. :rolleyes:

How does one become a charter member?

5000+ posts? ;)

Always wondered that.

I noticed that there are two users watching one of my Travel Bugs. Is there a way to find out who they are? Same question applies to a Cache too.

Only the Charter Members can see that. :rolleyes:

How does one become a charter member?

5000+ posts? ;)

Always wondered that.

I believe that you had to become a Premium member before 2003....

Sometimes I watch bugs that I've moved - just for the fun of seeing where they go after I've moved them. I've got a few on my watch list, I'm just curious to see if they get where they were supposed to go.

I put one on my list once when I did not find the bug, but found its bag of "accessories" that accidentally got separated from it. I'd posted a note to the bug's page asking the next finder to contact me and I'd mail them the stuff that went with it - and they did contact me and I did send on the stuff, to reunite with the bug. That bug hasn't been dropped yet, so it's still on my list, and I plan to keep an eye on it until it does move on, with its goodies intact.

I do have a couple of caches on my watch list that are very far away. One's in Mexico near where my uncle lives - I'd hoped to get there this winter and wanted to find that cache - it took me some doing to find it on the website so I put it on my watchlist to make it easy to find there again.

I did the same thing with a cache near my Mom's in Canada because I may be heading up there this year, and I want to go caching. I put the one nearest her home on my list, and that will make it easier to find nearby caches using that one as a starting point.

That's why *I* have some stuff on my watchlist - perhaps that will explain why others have your stuff on theirs :sad:

HTH

Jenn

You can see who's watching your cache if you set it up as a member's only cache. :sad:

That is not true. Making a cache a member's only cache, you see how has viewed your listing. Not who is watching your listing.

You can see who's watching your cache if you set it up as a member's only cache. :sad:

That is not true. Making a cache a member's only cache, you see how has viewed your listing. Not who is watching your listing.
Sorry for not being exact. :sad: You see "who" and "when was the first time" and "when was the last time" and "how many times" someone has viewed your cache listing. This is actually a lot better than just knowing who gets an email whenever someone logs your cache. :) Edited by TrailGators

Sorry for not being exact. :sad: You see "who" and "when was the first time" and "when was the last time" and "how many times" someone has viewed your cache listing. This is actually a lot better than just knowing who gets an email whenever someone logs your cache. :)

Actually, you just get a subset of people who have viewed your cache page. I can get include your cache in a PQ, and view the page in my GPX viewer, and you'll never be notified of it.

You can always post a note asking the watchers to email you and ID themselves - since they are "watching" they will see the note.

Charter members are those that paid for a GC membership during the first year they were offered.

And offer a prize to the person with the best reason for watching it.You should get a resonse this way.

Imagine what fun it would be if people had to reveal their names and reasons for watching.

Name:

nonaeroterraqueous

Reason for watching (select one):

• I want to see if other people like this one as much as I did
  • I want to see if other people hate this one as much as I did
  • I want to see if this one is missing, or if I just didn't find it
  • I sabotaged this cache and get giggles watching other people find it
  • Looking for spoilers in the logs
  • Looking to see if my cousin Eddie went caching in the area without visiting me

You can see who's watching your cache if you set it up as a member's only cache. :ph34r:

Sorry for not being exact. :ph34r: You see "who" and "when was the first time" and "when was the last time" and "how many times" someone has viewed your cache listing. This is actually a lot better than just knowing who gets an email whenever someone logs your cache. :laughing:

Actually, you just get a subset of people who have viewed your cache page. I can get include your cache in a PQ, and view the page in my GPX viewer, and you'll never be notified of it.

This is true; much as I enjoy using the Audit Log feature, it shows me only a subset of folks who have viewed my cache listing page. And, returning to the question posed by the OP: To my best knowldge, only those of us who are Platinum members and who have the Polonium 210 endorsement -- and there are only about eighteen of us worldwide, last that I heard -- are able to log in with Grade B1 supervisory privileges and use the control panel to see who has watchlisted our caches.

***only those of us who are Platinum members and who have the Polonium 210 endorsement -- and there are only about eighteen of us worldwide, last that I heard -- are able to log in with Grade B1 supervisory privileges and use the control panel to see who has watchlisted our caches.***

Polonium 210 & B1 Privileges? That was yester-year. Better renew your membership to get upgraded.

You can see who's watching your cache if you set it up as a member's only cache. :blink:

Sorry for not being exact. :ph34r: You see "who" and "when was the first time" and "when was the last time" and "how many times" someone has viewed your cache listing. This is actually a lot better than just knowing who gets an email whenever someone logs your cache. :ph34r:

This is true; much as I enjoy using the Audit Log feature, it shows me only a subset of folks who have viewed my cache listing page. And, returning to the question posed by the OP: To my best knowldge, only those of us who are Platinum members and who have the Polonium 210 endorsement -- and there are only about eighteen of us worldwide, last that I heard -- are able to log in with Grade B1 supervisory privileges and use the control panel to see who has watchlisted our caches.

***only those of us who are Platinum members and who have the Polonium 210 endorsement -- and there are only about eighteen of us worldwide, last that I heard -- are able to log in with Grade B1 supervisory privileges and use the control panel to see who has watchlisted our caches.***

Polonium 210 & B1 Privileges? That was yester-year. Better renew your membership to get upgraded.

You guys hear the choppers coming yet?

You can see who's watching your cache if you set it up as a member's only cache. :blink:

Sorry for not being exact. :ph34r: You see "who" and "when was the first time" and "when was the last time" and "how many times" someone has viewed your cache listing. This is actually a lot better than just knowing who gets an email whenever someone logs your cache. :ph34r:

True, but I have some puzzle caches that require that people go to the cache page. The GPX viewer would miss some very important details. Bwa ha ha! :ph34r:

***You guys hear the choppers coming yet?***

I don't hear the Choppers .... But ...

I hear the train a comin' it's rollin' 'round the bend

And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when

I'm stuck at Folsom prison and time keeps draggin' on

But that train keeps rollin' on down to San Antone

To my best knowldge, only those of us who are Platinum members and who have the Polonium 210 endorsement -- and there are only about eighteen of us worldwide, last that I heard -- are able to log in with Grade B1 supervisory privileges and use the control panel to see who has watchlisted our caches.

Vinnie, you need to stop posting this misinformation. The Po-210 endorsement is only available to Neodymium- and Iridium-level members. I think you were confused. Of course, if you were a Palladium member with a Cs-137 endorsement, like I am, you would be able to view everyone who has ever set his or her GPS GOTO to any your caches. That's really the most useful information, after all.

:blink:

Edited by fizzymagic