Ratty crosses the Irish Sea...

Watcha all, how's tricks? Those of you who know me will already know that I moved to Northern Ireland a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, the small number of caches here, combined with a severe lack of time, has put my caching on the back burner - right at the back!

However, I'm on a course on the mainland from this Sunday (4th March) and will be there for 4 weeks. Gonna do as much caching as possible, as this course is likely to present quite a bit of spare time.

SOOOOOOOOO, anyone who lives in the Oxford/Reading area (or can get there!) and is up for a spot of communal caching in the 'cache rich' London West area, email me, let me know here or catch me Geo-Chat .

Hope to see some of you all soon!

P.s. Anyone got their ticket for the Isle of Wight festival? If there's a few of us out there, I may well arrange an event cache for the, er, event!

I'd be up for a bit of communal caching with you ol' chap.

Fancy the 'Route Canal' series? That'll get yer numbers up! Oh and before anyone says I am a numbers man.... :anibad:

Any Sat/Sun apart from this one. Anyone else fancy it?

Jon

That sounds rather good Mr. Dew! I'll have net access while there, so I'll let you know which days I'm free...

I'd be up for a bit of communal caching with you ol' chap.

Fancy the 'Route Canal' series? That'll get yer numbers up! Oh and before anyone says I am a numbers man.... :lol:

Any Sat/Sun apart from this one. Anyone else fancy it?

Jon

That sounds rather good Mr. Dew! I'll have net access while there, so I'll let you know which days I'm free...

Just be careful :blink::blink::blink:

Personally, I'd leave it a couple of weeks for the rain to subside.

This is what happened to someone we met yesterday.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...8c-d6c28b89e038

Went to attempt the first 11 yesterday, aborted the idea quite quickly!

We did the 4 nearest to Banbury and the 6 from Route Canal 7 south over the weekend and they were ok - nice dry towpath and the water was low. Long walks but very enjoyable ones.

From what I reall, Route Canal A-E are the muddiest ones we did but that was a good few months ago so I'm not sure what they are like at the moment.

a long way AND the towpaths are very muddy and/or underwater. May be worth waiting till later in the year and/or sussing it out beforehand.

They stretch from the middle of Banbury all the way south to just north of Oxford so a 25-30 mile stretch (guessing here). There is usually 0.3 miles or more between each one so it all adds up to a long walk.

You have to add on some allowance for getting to the start of them as quite a few are not near any handy parking location - we did something like 3.5 miles to bag the 4 near Banbury at the weekend as we thought we'd found a sneaky shortcut to them but had not bargained with bridges being locked in the up position.

The scenery is lovely though and if it's dry it's an enjoyable walk.

How many miles is it from the first to the last cache on the Route Canal series?

Edited by The Bolas Heathens