Anyone "lose" thier premium membership?

I'm a premium member for several months now. I logged into my gc.com account today to do a quick pocket query, and low and behold I am told that I need to be a Premium member. Somehow I got downgraded to a basic member now. I re-enterd my subscription number, and it's already been used (of course, by me!). My last bill run on paypal was on Jan 30th. My account is good, what happened?

Anyone else run into this too? I've been to the contact us link on thier website, but I didn't see anywhere that I could email to check on this. I know it's not an issue with my PayPal account, so it might be affecting more than just me..

Thanks!

CT

Update: found the ticketing system on thier site and submitted one. Maybe others are seeing the same issues, nonetheless.

Link to trouble tickets: http://support.Groundspeak.com/Support/ind...s&_a=submit

<_<

Edited by Curious Technology

how come then, does your profile on the right of your posts say "group premium members"?

Because I was a premium member, despite that my account on the GC.COM site says I am basic. The forums seem to be a seperate site from the GC.COM main web site.

It might be a bug due to the "retooling" of thier web site. My CC on file at PayPal isn't expired at all...

how come then, does your profile on the right of your posts say "group premium members"?

Because I was a premium member, despite that my account on the GC.COM site says I am basic. The forums seem to be a seperate site from the GC.COM main web site.

It might be a bug due to the "retooling" of thier web site. My CC on file at PayPal isn't expired at all...

ah. i see.

I'm not prepared to Markwell, but the hybrid premium/non-premium member status thing has happened many times to people who have temporarily lost their premium membership status. I speak as someone who has lost it twice, due to bizzarre Pay-pal circumstances beyond my control.

And if Pay-pal totally blows you off, and tells you "if you have any further questions, contact Groundspeak", that is normal. <_<

Best thing to do is just resign up for a gc.com premium membership, but just keep a close eye on Pay-Pal, that they don't charge you twice.

Of course it might be a different story once I cross my current end date.

You might consider playing it safe and cancel the old subscription.

Personally, I've not done that in either of my 2 experiences with the problem. I was worried about losing ignore list, bookmark lists, saved pq's etc..

One of my lost periods was over a week, and I still didn't lose any of that stuff, even though I couldn't access some of it during the down period.

Of course it might be a different story once I cross my current end date.

You might consider playing it safe and cancel the old subscription.

Personally, I've not done that in either of my 2 experiences with the problem. I was worried about losing ignore list, bookmark lists, saved pq's etc..

One of my lost periods was over a week, and I still didn't lose any of that stuff, even though I couldn't access some of it during the down period.

Thank you both for your suggestion. I have cancelled my current sub, and then re-subbed again and I'm back to premium access. Easy and painless-- if it ever happens again, I know what to do.

Thanks!

Maybe I'm a Double Premium Member, because they charged me twice on my automatic renewal. Once on Feb 5 and then again on Feb 27.

I sent an immediate email on 2/27, but no reply yet.

The point being, perhaps there is a wobblebobble in the knuten valve escarpment - or something.