FTF certificate etiquette

BaSHful

Nothing is technically 'necessary'.

Right. In fact, I don't think that FTF certificates are very common. I don't hear about them very often in my area.

I haven't encountered one yet though I have probably a dozen or more FTFs.

So you can basically do whatever you feel like, including leaving none at all.

We have (at this date) 149 FTFs. We've never had a "certificate" yet. We HAVE received pins, keychains and magnets with "FTF" with a compass or hiking logo on them. We save them - they're fun.

We usually get lottery scratch-offs, little presents (CJ once got a leatherman as a FTF prize - very cool!), even seen unactivated geocoins as prizes.

We usually give out scratch-offs, unless it's a "3+" rating, then we go bigger.

Guess it's up to your imagination - and wallet.

We have (at this date) 149 FTFs. We've never had a "certificate" yet. We HAVE received pins, keychains and magnets with "FTF" with a compass or hiking logo on them. We save them - they're fun.

We usually get lottery scratch-offs, little presents (CJ once got a leatherman as a FTF prize - very cool!), even seen unactivated geocoins as prizes.

We usually give out scratch-offs, unless it's a "3+" rating, then we go bigger.

Guess it's up to your imagination - and wallet.

Our first FTF had a Geocaching Shirt as the Prize. That was great, and I wore it to the first event we attended two months later. Since then, we've been FTF on two others, and we're drumming up ideas and themes for a cache (or two). A certificate is nice, but we're looking at putting in a Challenge coin. Heck, we may do both.

I have been using these as FTF Certificates

Certificate.jpg

these have even been placed as cache iems, and have had great response to them. I think certificates are a great idea

we have also been including the wall certificates below

Achievement2.jpg

to be redeemed for free animated screensavers at this website below:

http://www.fantasysavers.com/Claim.htm

Edited by Bill & Teresa

There is no standard FTF certificate - you can just create one in a style that appeals to you. Here's a sample of one (credit goes to Hikenit's, although I'm not sure if Groundspeak actually gave permission for the use of the 4-box logo):

ftf_cert.jpg

I've been writing in the blank "Good for 1 drink on me". I have a feeling the next local event is going to be expensive if they all redeem their certificates. :ph34r: