Holly stRoller

I am trying to make contact with the cacher Holly stRoller who has two caches on the Isle of Arran and another two in the Lake District. Apart from posting a note about the missing container at one of their Isle of Arran caches Holly stRoller has not logged into GC.com for nearly a year and does not appear to respond to emails.

Given that we don't have that many caches on Arran it seems to pity to loose our only virtual cache and a cache at a lofty and rather nice location.

Any help in contacting Holly stRoller with an offer to adopt would be appreciated.

:P:lol:

I hope that the reviewers will consider Jango & Boba Fett's offer of adoption and not just go ahead and archive this cache. As we all know once it's archived it's gone forever. If a forced adoption can be done, at least if the owner pops back up and says they want it back they can still get it back and the icon lives for another day.

I hope that the reviewers will consider Jango & Boba Fett's offer of adoption and not just go ahead and archive this cache. As we all know once it's archived it's gone forever. If a forced adoption can be done, at least if the owner pops back up and says they want it back they can still get it back and the icon lives for another day.

Sorry but only the owners of Active [not Archived] Grandfathered caches can adopt them over.

From the FAQ's regarding Adoption of caches in reference to forced adoptions

3. The volunteer cache reviewer will determine whether adoption is appropriate and, if so, he or she will make a further effort to contact the owner. Note that grandfathered cache types cannot be adopted through this procedure. This includes virtual caches, moving caches and webcam caches.

Having just recently followed the procedure for a forced adoption, and have sent it upstairs for their decision, I'm quite willing to aid in the process of forced adoption were the person making the request has justified their case to me.

Thanks for clearing that up Deccie.

If I were to put something on my cache page, saying along the lines of -

'If I was un-contactable for several months or circumstances prevail that I am unable to maintain this cache. Then I give permission for a forced adoption to happen to this cache.'

Would that cover the area for a forced adoption to happen if need be?

Thanks for clearing that up Deccie.

If I were to put something on my cache page, saying along the lines of -

'If I was un-contactable for several months or circumstances prevail that I am unable to maintain this cache. Then I give permission for a forced adoption to happen to this cache.'

Would that cover the area for a forced adoption to happen if need be?

This is something only Groundspeak can answer for you, as reviewers can only advise them on whether or not a cache is suitable for forced adoption. The final decision and actioning is solely down to Groundspeak. Probably the best place to ask this question would be on the Main GC forums, were it will come to the attention of Jeremy.

Making some progress on tracking down Holy stRoller who seems to be a Cumbrian vicar who is an active walker. Still haven't managed to get a reply from him yet though.

Not sure how far you've got since I contacted you the other day. I'm sending you an email address.

MBF

Thanks for all those who were able to supply bits of information and especially MBFace who realy helped to crack the problem. I have now adopted the virtual cache on Arran, so whilke Holy stRoller still apears as the placer of the cache I will be gaurdian and answer any emails.

Holy stRoller was away trecking in Nepal last year but still has his GPSr and does intend to go hunting for more little boxes in the future so keep a look out in the southern Lake District.

Cheers for a mission completed.

Chae :anitongue:

:anitongue:

Thanks for all those who were able to supply bits of information and especially MBFace who realy helped to crack the problem.

As the saying goes you always remember your first :anibad:, in our case Holy stRoller's Black Looks (Cumbria) just over 4 years ago. He'd left a short note about himself in the log book and somehow I managed to drag enough detail out of the memory to point Chae in the right direction. Just pleased to have helped save the cache.

MBF