Cranberry Cache has been found!

nikcap

The Cranberry Cache was last found on Septempber 24, 2004 by FIBBERMAGEE.

For over two years this cache has remained dorment, just waiting to be discovered again.

Congratulation to Creaky Joints, who unearthed this cache February 9th.

Cranberry Cache went 2 years, 4 months, 16 days or 868 days without being found.

So what is the oldest cache you've "unearthed"?

As for other NJ caches that haven't been found in a while, by my records, Can You Canoe? by s.sing hasn't been found since April 20, 2005, 1 year, 9 months, 20 days! (but there is a DNF September 24, 2005)

Ready Made Cache GC9 by Pheligan has been unfound since June 18, 2005, 1 year, 7 months, 22 days

Anyone know of any other caches that haven't been found in a while?

I was on a kick for awhile, looking for caches that weren't hit for a year or better.

Problem was , most weren't there anymore.

I guess folks WERE going, not finding them, and NOT posting DNFs.

One was archived by a reviewer, another is supposed to be replaced, but that was months ago. Hasn't been archived yet.

So now I've stopped going for them. Expensive looking for something that may not be there anymore.

My Bottom of Lake Passaic I just had its first finds in over a year.

Yeah, that one use to show up at the bottom of my last found list in GSAK.

However, Straatmakers' log indicates that muggles from a nearby ostrich farm found the cache on 3/11/06!

Based on the nature of that cache and the adventures written in the logs, what is the probability of a muggle actually stumbling upon that cache???

I saw this thread this morning and we were heading up to High Point for some skiing, so I stopped by to grab the Cranberry Cache too. I think I was there in the summer but didn't realize it was a paddle-to and didn't understand how to get to it. The muggle situation was impossible this afternoon, but they were all gone or leaving around 5pm. Go get it while the ice holds up :huh:

I couldn't find the most recent logs on the log sheet, so I signed the top of the first page. I think maybe the more recent logs faded, since the sheet was wet. I could swear I saw a log entry from 2005 on the sheet though.

Although I haven't been there in a few weeks, I'm sure Greenwood Lake is frozen too, so Ready Made Cache should be an easy find right now. I've been meaning to get up that way.

Edited by trowel32

The Cranberry Cache was last found on Septempber 24, 2004 by FIBBERMAGEE.

For over two years this cache has remained dorment, just waiting to be discovered again.

Congratulation to Creaky Joints, who unearthed this cache February 9th.

Cranberry Cache went 2 years, 4 months, 16 days or 868 days without being found.

Ah, the old "walk on the ice to the cache in winter" trick. Reminds me of one in my neck of the woods I forgot about trying this winter. Looks like 3 others have done it this winter.

So what is the oldest cache you've "unearthed"?

About 10 months. It was on a old school early 2001 hide in Ontario, Canada. A nice hike, but not that difficult or remote, just all the locals had already found it over the years.

Madison's Revenge (Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland)

December 4, 2005 by Metaphor (336 found)

FTFIOAY! First to find in over a year. The cache is still there in its hidey place. A beautiful place to be on a warm December afternoon. Thanks.

November 11, 2004 by rufnredy (2527 found)

Awesome hide ... was right next to it last time and didn't get it ... guess it happens :huh:

SL TN Left emergency number fridge magnets

TFTC

Ready Made

I met IMSpider here this morning, we were both prompted by the appearance of the forum note to go for it early this AM. My approach from Brown's Point will be long in my memory for a delightful winter walk. The lake is drained down and there is no open water between Browns Point to the cache. There is substantial open water east of the cache. You still have a few days of cold weather to get this in. Wear your windbreaker and sunglasses. Lot of fun. :lol:

Ready Made

I met IMSpider here this morning, we were both prompted by the appearance of the forum note to go for it early this AM. My approach from Brown's Point will be long in my memory for a delightful winter walk. The lake is drained down and there is no open water between Browns Point to the cache. There is substantial open water east of the cache. You still have a few days of cold weather to get this in. Wear your windbreaker and sunglasses. Lot of fun. :lol:

Thanks for the info. I was thinking of stopping by there tomorrow :P I'm guessing the cache will be more easily findable now too, just in case it was buried in crusty snow before your visit :P

My Bottom of Lake Passaic I just had its first finds in over a year.

Yeah, that one use to show up at the bottom of my last found list in GSAK.

However, Straatmakers' log indicates that muggles from a nearby ostrich farm found the cache on 3/11/06!

Based on the nature of that cache and the adventures written in the logs, what is the probability of a muggle actually stumbling upon that cache???

one in 5 million! But what are the odds you come across an ostrich farmer in New Jersey? (1 in 5 million?)