Latest Casualty and reciever of a Purple Heart

mudsneaker

I think this is a little distasteful, considering what is currently going on in the world. There are real soldiers being seriously wounded and killed. And to make light of it in this way is dissapointing. I'm sure there is some other way to award cachers receiving scratches without diminishing the "REAL" sacrifice of the young men fighting for this country.

First I don't think anyone has diminished anyone's sacrifice. I come from a family of military veterans including a father wounded in battle. I'm sorry if anyone feels slighted or diminished.

This is a light-hearted bit of fun. Nothing less, nothing more. ;)

On the other side, the cache was a blast and worth a few drops of blood. I'd do it again tonight. Anyone want to publish anything in Federal Way / NE Tacoma for me? I'm sitting by my email ready to roll.

BTW... Just walked in the door from a Neah Bay / Hurricane Ridge run to pick up some Delorme pages. Holy cow that is much further away in person than it looked on a map! Loved every minute of that too!