Dont Tread On Me Geocoin

SoCalGeocoins

THIS IS THE FIRST COIN DESIGNED BY FURBRAT AND BREWER CHEF. IT HAS THE GADSDEN FLAG DON'T TREAD ON ME RATTLESNAKE ON THE BACK AND THE BETSY ROSS FLAG ON THE FRONT..HERE IS A LITTLE HISTORY OF BOTH:

The Betsy Ross flag was adopted June 14, 1777 (Flag Day). The Continental Congress on this day resolved, "That the flag of the United States be thirteen stripes alternating red and white; that the Union be thirteen stars, white in a blue field, representing a new constellation". The circular design was by George Washington, Francis Hopkins and Betsy Ross. The Congress however did not specify an arrangement for the stars in the canton, as a result there are many variations in the flags that followed until 1912.

The Gadsden flag is a historical American flag. It is comprised of a yellow field with a depiction of a rattlesnake coiled and ready to strike with the legend "DONT TREAD ON ME" positioned below the rattlesnake. It is named after Christopher Gadsden. The symbol of the Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake as a symbol of the American colonies can be traced back to the publications of Benjamin Franklin. In 1751, he made the first reference to the rattlesnake in a satirical commentary published in his Pennsylvania Gazette. It had been the policy of Britain to send convicted criminals to America, and Franklin suggested that they thank the British by sending rattlesnakes to England. ALSO...The first Marines that enlisted were from Philadelphia and they carried drums painted yellow, depicting a coiled rattlesnake with thirteen rattles, and the motto "Dont Tread On Me." This was the first mention of the Gadsden flag's symbology.

This coin is available at Cointracking.com under Dont Tread On Me.

SoCalGeocoins_edition_8CH-00029-1Snake.gifFront150.jpgSoCalGeocoins_edition_8CH-00029-2Snake.gifBack150.jpg

Edited by SoCalGeocoins

I had to do the homework, but yes this coin is trackable. Please post this information as well as size, metal, price, shipping. It will help your sales if buyers don't have to go searching for the information.

It also helps if the moderator doesn't have to spend the time googling to find out if the sale is allowable in these forums.

The coin is 1 1/2" with a diamond cut edge, It is in Gold and is a beautiful coin. It is $9.00 for the coin and $2.50 for shipping and each aditional coin is $1.00 to ship. You can get the coin by sending me an email for the quantity you want with your paypal address or go to cointracking.com and get it there. The coins is Trackable at Geocaching.com and will have its own coiled up snake Icon, like the picture on the fron of the coin.

Edited by SoCalGeocoins

Since nobody else is posting - I'll ask:

What's your background? Your profile shows that you joined about 2 months ago, have no cache finds and no trackables listed in your profile....

And I'll add...what does this have to do with geocaching or at least you personally? I didn't see any geonick on it or state name anywhere.

What's your background? Your profile shows that you joined about 2 months ago, have no cache finds and no trackables listed in your profile....

And I'll add...what does this have to do with geocaching or at least you personally? I didn't see any geonick on it or state name anywhere.

Sniff, sniff, youse guys are making me doubt myself ... but they're good points, :cool:

Please hang on to my order until more info is made available.

Edited by nicolo

They mention thier geonicks in the first part:

THIS IS THE FIRST COIN DESIGNED BY FURBRAT AND BREWER CHEF....

FURBRAT - 1500+ finds member since 2005

BREWER CHEF - 61 finds member since 2005

As for what the coin has to do with them...I can't answer that.

Edited by Atwell Family

Well we are logging all our finds under Furbrat and Yes we have over 1500 Finds and 22 caches out. We are opening a geocoin site called socalgeocoins which will be available next month and will host and you can get quotes for coins. This is our name for our coins. This is our 1st geocoin and we have another that will be out around the end of febuary and I will post pics when I get the proofs in for preorders. This coin was designed by FuRbRaT and we wanted it to be a coin people would like that isnt a personal coin and could be a good starter coin for our coins we are making. Hope that answers everyones Questions.

Well we are logging all our finds under Furbrat and Yes we have over 1500 Finds and 22 caches out. We are opening a geocoin site called socalgeocoins which will be available next month and will host and you can get quotes for coins. This is our name for our coins. This is our 1st geocoin and we have another that will be out around the end of febuary and I will post pics when I get the proofs in for preorders. This coin was designed by FuRbRaT and we wanted it to be a coin people would like that isnt a personal coin and could be a good starter coin for our coins we are making. Hope that answers everyones Questions.

Sounds good, thanks for the clarification, please process my order when you get a chance.

Thanks.

There is Still quite a few of these coins left, I'm having a blow out sale on them $7.50 a coin with $2.00 shipping and $.50 cents each additional coin.

Link to buy coins

COIN PRICE AND SHIPPING:

WORLDWIDE: $7.50 each

USA + Canada SHIPPING: $2.00 First Coin; $0.50 Each Additional Coin.

WORLDWIDE SHIPPING: Please Send An Email For Shipping.

COIN STATS:

ROUND: Size: 1.5” Imitation Soft Enamel

Thickness: 3.5 mm

Metal & Quantity: 250 Gold

Trackable: Yes, www.geocaching.com

Icon: Yes, Snake Icon To Come

Activation Codes: www.htqualitycoins.com

ORDER email INFORMATION:

If you are interested in purchasing, please send an email to: socalgeocoins@aol.com

Subject: Don't Tread on Me Geocoin Blow out

(Copy and paste this into the email)

Geo Nick:

Paypal Email:

Contact Email Address:

Quantity Desired: