How to design my own coin?

chuckr30

I've seen what look like custom geocoins (non-trackable) that people leave in some caches. How do I design my own coin, what company makes them, and how much do they cost? I would only want about 10. I've seen coins around $5 each, and min quantities of 250. Are there other manufacturers who do small runs?

I don't know of any company that will do less than 100 coins, but they may go as low as 50.

BUT, you need to pay for artwork (some places) + die fees + per coin fees + shipping.

Because of the shipping and die fees, it's best to do large runs to spread the cost of the coins out.

You may want to think about doing something like wooden nickels, etc.

In any case, check the pinned topics at the top of these boards and you can contact the coin makers from the list up there.

I've seen what look like custom geocoins (non-trackable) that people leave in some caches. How do I design my own coin, what company makes them, and how much do they cost? I would only want about 10. I've seen coins around $5 each, and min quantities of 250. Are there other manufacturers who do small runs?

Just a thought, I know you said you only need about 10, but you'll probably want more in time. If you'd like to keep your costs low look into pathtags. Their starter kit is priced nicely for 25 tags. They make very nice little signature items! Good Luck