Newbie here-Hi everyone

railrider1920

Just wanted to say hello. I have been looking around the site for a few days now. I figured out how to upload GPS coordinants into my unit. I have a few stored in there now. I'm probably going to try to find a few tomorrow. I'm trying to decide how to go look for caches. The ones closest to my house first or by user name.

I live in Niceville Fla, which is in the NW Panhandle. I noticed that there are a few people from my area that have caches around here. I'll be looking for them real soon. If there is ever a get together around here and newbies are welcome, please let me know if you would.

Well, I'm off to read my GPS directions and try to figure out how to use it

Have a good one,

Rob

Welcome to the game....aim for finding the easy rated caches first as in difficulty and terrain ratings of 1 or 2. That way, you can get a hang of finding the caches. Then you can gradually work toward harder and more challanging hides.

If you want to get to know people from your area in Flordia, then look around for possible area caching organizations/clubs....and be sure to post in the regional forums located here.

Good luck on getting started.

Welcome aboard!!

Try caches in larger container ans easier difficulty ratings at first until you see some of the hide styles. See if you can find a local cacher to take you out and help show you a few things.

And remember - if you aren't having fun - go to another one because it should always be fun.

Just wanted to say hello. I have been looking around the site for a few days now. I figured out how to upload GPS coordinants into my unit. I have a few stored in there now. I'm probably going to try to find a few tomorrow. I'm trying to decide how to go look for caches. The ones closest to my house first or by user name.

I live in Niceville Fla, which is in the NW Panhandle. I noticed that there are a few people from my area that have caches around here. I'll be looking for them real soon. If there is ever a get together around here and newbies are welcome, please let me know if you would.

Well, I'm off to read my GPS directions and try to figure out how to use it

Have a good one,

Rob

Welcome! I was in the first class of Niceville High School in 19... uh, a long time ago! Lived on Eglin AFB.

One of my geocaching goals is to find a cache near there. I'll email you if I'm able to get down there in the near future.

Hi there! I thought that I would chime in and say that I live in Pensacola, so definitely in your neck of the woods. There are quite a few caches hidden around this area of FL, so you shouldn't have any problems finding some to keep you busy for a while. :D We have really become addicted to them and am in the process of converting some friends to it as well ;)

Thanks for the welcomes. I forgot about the ratings on each cache. Starting out on the easier ones does make sense. I found two of them today. Now just trying to figure out how to log them.

Rob

EDIT: Now I know how to log the find. Put another post and it was answered already.

Thanks again

Edited by railrider1920

WELCOME TO THE GAME. I AM SOMEWHAT OF A NEWBIE MYSELF BUT WITH 47 FINDS I LIVE IN FWB AND GO OUT ALL THE TIME WITH THE FAMILY IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET TOGETHER SOME WEEKEND OR SOMETHING WE COULD TALK SHOP AND FIND SOME CACHES WELL BACK TO THE HUNT IF YOU NEED ANYTHING FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME - DIVERED-