stencils for camo

MrJim005

Does anyone know where to get stencils for camo painting?

Thank You

Rough up the outside of the can with sand paper

Clean up the outside of your can with soap and water

Paint our can a background color, say, brown

Lay leaves, grass, leaves, etc. on the can and shoot another color

You can do this in layers with different materials

JohnTee

I use Rustoleum's Camoflage flat spray paint in three colors, olive green, khaki, and earth brown.

First, I paint over all the writing and any surface rust with olive green. You don't have to worry about painting the entire can because the original paint is good quality. When you are done with this step, you will have a completely green can. BTW, I don't presand my cans. I have not experienced any adhesion problems and the paint covers any military markings well.

Next, I lay out leaves on one side of the can. Don't put too many on, or you won't get enough color on the can. I typically use branches from a 'burning bush' next to our deck, but its best to use something from the area that you wish to hide the can in.

I then spray wavy diagonal lines of khaki and earth brown.

When that is dried, I flip the can lay out the leaves on another side and paint away. I generally try to make my khaki and brown meet at the same spot where the sides intersect. This helps break up the hard corner, in my opinion.

Keep doing this until all six sides of the can have been painted.

26a30e43-0ca7-44d7-b3b9-9e40fdd5fc58.jpg

If you don't like the grass/leaves idea, you could do what I've done once or twice. Cut the sides off an old cereal box, then cut some random shapes out of the middle. Use earth tones that match your intented hiding spot if possiable, change colors and rotate the 'stencils' as you got so theres not any sort of pattern.

Often times, instead of painting PVC or plastic (the paint rubs off) I do a deliberately sloppy job of wrapping the cache with camouflaged duct tape. I wrinkle it etc. Then I paint that. The tape fades to cyan if exposed to light, so by itself it's not good. However, the paint sticks well to it and even if it does come off, the tape serves as something other than white or colorless as a base. Then again, it also adds texture.

I'd love to get some (multi?) stencils to get a digital camo pattern on the cache (look up marpat). ...
I was thinking of your idea on my boring drive in to work this morning.

I think it would be cool to have a set of three stencils to spray a pattern similar to MARPAT. The only thing that I think would cause a problem is corners. If you aren't very careful, you will end up with a color line at the corner which will render the camo ineffective.