locked by an administrator

KD_cachers

I have a cache that I am trying to unarchive but when I try to edit the listing this is what I get

"Sorry. This listing has been locked by an administrator and you cannot edit it. If you believe this is in error please contact the web site."

I have tried e-mailing a reviewer and recieved no response. Can a listing that is locked be unlocked and was I wrong to expect a reply from a reviewer?

I have a cache that I am trying to unarchive but when I try to edit the listing this is what I get

"Sorry. This listing has been locked by an administrator and you cannot edit it. If you believe this is in error please contact the web site."

I have tried e-mailing a reviewer and recieved no response. Can a listing that is locked be unlocked and was I wrong to expect a reply from a reviewer?

Yes, a listing that is locked can be unlocked. No, you were not wrong to expect a reply.

I would send an e-mail to the cache approver who first published your cache. If that doesn't work, I would look at some of the newer caches in your area and see who published them. If there is a different approver, try sending them an e-mail. If that doesn't work, go to the bottom of the Groundspeak page and click on "Contact Us", then click on "Groundspeak Help Page", then click on "Submit a Ticket" and follow the directions. It is also possible to just submit a new cache at the same coordinates and start all over with a new cache at the same location. If the reviewer doesn't get back to you immediately don't be too alarmed. They have lives in addition to administrating hundreds of caches. It may take several days for them to get back to you. If it were me, I would just cut and paste the info from my old cache to a page for a new cache and submit a new cache request, that is assuming no one else as placed a cache in the same location.

Looks like you changed a multi to a traditional, then moved it too close to another cache. You are probably better off just submitting a new cache because what you had in the end was completedly different from what you originally submitted.

Corrrect. You can't take a multi and make it a single stage, that's a brand new cache which should have a brand new cache page. All the cachers that find it after you change it will have a 3.gif in their profile when really they only found a 2.gif. Changing the cache type will give the opposite effect for those that found it early. Also if your cache is archived (whether by you or a site admin/reviewer), only a site admin/reviewer can unarchive it.

Drop me an email from my profile and I will take a look at the cache.

Work with Cache-tech on a replacement cache of the appropriate cache type and you may be able to get an exception for the proximity violation.

edit: clarification

Edited by Quiggle
The cache in question was always a multi, never a traditional. I changed the waypoint when a new home built close to the start waypoint. Note sent to Cache-tech, hopefully this cache will be up and running again soon. Thanks everyone for your comments.

What does this log from Saturday, April 22, 2006 mean then:

Changing the cache from a multi to a traditional cache. No need for anyone to bother the new home owners.

The cache in question was always a multi, never a traditional. I changed the waypoint when a new home built close to the start waypoint. Note sent to Cache-tech, hopefully this cache will be up and running again soon. Thanks everyone for your comments.

What does this log from Saturday, April 22, 2006 mean then:

Changing the cache from a multi to a traditional cache. No need for anyone to bother the new home owners.

Man, I HATE when that happens! owned.gif

Based on the comment "The new coordinates are less than the suggested minimun distance but route 114 separates the two points so there should be no confusion." I think the owner is trying to use the natural obstacle as a reasining.
There's another perfectly good reason for the OP to discuss the issue with the reviewer.