Diabetes Travel Bug stalled in local cache

MacNCheeser

I placed my Unite for Diabetes TB in a local park cache a few weeks ago (destination: Italy) and so far, several people have visited that cache (even dropping off another TB!) but have ignored my TB and not picked it up. What can I do to encourage it to move, even it moves only across town? How long should I give it before I rescue it from that cache and maybe move it to a more often visited one?

I placed my Unite for Diabetes TB in a local park cache a few weeks ago (destination: Italy) and so far, several people have visited that cache (even dropping off another TB!) but have ignored my TB and not picked it up. What can I do to encourage it to move, even it moves only across town? How long should I give it before I rescue it from that cache and maybe move it to a more often visited one?

There are a lot of people that do not care about TB's and won't pick them up. They just want to do the caches. And then there are the others. It will be picked up soon enough. It will just depend on the cacher.

:ph34r:

Unfortunately, I am seeing many of the Unite TB's just sitting in caches or just circling our area. The goals are just so far away I guess but then, no goal tags mean no one knows where they should go.

I have been on a mission to collect them and add a goal tag. In a few cases, I am working on sending them out of the area - across the oceans and closer to their goals. I have a contact in South Africa, just need to find someone in Europe and South America to help me.

Unfortunately, I am seeing many of the Unite TB's just sitting in caches or just circling our area. The goals are just so far away I guess but then, no goal tags mean no one knows where they should go.

I have been on a mission to collect them and add a goal tag. In a few cases, I am working on sending them out of the area - across the oceans and closer to their goals. I have a contact in South Africa, just need to find someone in Europe and South America to help me.

These bugs are meant to travel not simply meet their goals by being mailed to their destination. Just release the bugs (as agreed to) and let'em find their way.

edit there/their

Edited by BlueDeuce

This is not a race. Actually the longer they take to get to their destination cities, the better it is. The object is to spread the word about Diabetes, not be the first to arrive at its goal. There is NO hurry. No mailing please. Cache to cache, cacher to cacher, it's simple.