Cach muggled again?

Team_Farmers

So there I was (eating my bovril on toast)... thinking about why caches are always seem to eventually get muggled, and how much it just irratates owners and cachers alike...

I thought... "what if we just translate the geocaching stash note into all official 11 languages?"... maybe that might curb the amount of caches been stolen?

Then I thought about it... and understood that their is only one language every muggle understands:

The South African Guide to placing and securing your cache:

- Put an electric fence up around your cache

- Connect it to an armed response

- You're wasting your time placing it inside a police station for security... find a chop shop/ dope dealer/ goverment minister!

- Security at airports is always high, though never go through the front, there's always tons of camera's watching you! - go through the back and just tell them you're there for the diamond shipment.

- anybody else got any suggestions? :lol:

Edited by Team_Farmers

- Get Tyco to sponsor the next event/CITO

- enlist that dude who parachutes from all those cars on TV to hide caches. :lol:

* I attended a meeting where the CEO of Trimble demonstrated this TrimTrac to us. It looked pretty cool. Now to get them to offer a few a prizes. :lol:

Edited by vespax

Not a question of how you place but where... The little island in the middle of the Kwena crocodile enclosure at Sun City. 30 or so crocs should be enough to stop most muggles (:))and I know one or two geocachers who would actually seriously think (:lol:)about going after the cache as well.

Alternatively, publish the cache coordinates with a route of GPS Waypoints to make it through the minefield and safely approach the claymores from behind. Ideally this should only be attempted by geocachers equipped with wire cutters (for the barbed wire) and a steak (or five) to keep the rotweillers busy while you quickly sign the cache logbook. I still like the crocodile idea though, maybe a moat.

:lol:

Why you looking at me like that?

guy I used to share an office with was in the US Navy. They were doing manuveurs off the coast of Gitmo, Cuba for a few weeks when the ship captain decided to treat them all to a bar-b-q (Braai) on shore one night. Well, my friend took advantage of the free booz (like any respectable sailor on shore leave would do) amongst the other substances that float with the Navy ships and ended up stumbling off to pass out for the night.

The next morning he woke up and started looking around at where he was. Turns out he stumbled into one of the mine fields that surround (although they claim to have been removed now) the naval base in Cuba. He carefully followed his previous nights footsteps out of the area!!!

So he would be almost lucky enough to go after a cache in a mine field for us all. He can sign the log on our behalf. :lol:

I can see it now... A huge mob of big burly black dudes, giving you squint looks (:)) when not hidden behind sunglasses (:huh:), and armed with knobkierries bliksaming every person who comes near the cache without a GPS in hand.

No, geocaches are supposed to be inconspicous and that means only one thing.... Ninjas (:D)!!!

We have a few caches down here in the Lowveld that are protected by insects like spiders, ants and wasps.

Unfortunatly they cannot distinguish between muggles and cachers!!!

:D:huh:

how about if we just train them?

i'm sure after a couple of months they will be able to tell the difference between a phil and a philemon? :)