False logging of TB's

Has anyone else had there TB that has been retired to the UK Travelbug Graveyard marked as discovered by Scatterbraincutie.

I have been in contact with several other cachers whom I emailed after the above mention posted a log in my TB's page as "discovered" with the comment "HI There".

We have all agreed that it is a false log as our TB's were well researched before they were retired, and have since deleted the log from the page.

Should we report it or should we just ignore it!! I have noticed looking at there profile that they have done it to at least half a dozen or more and unfortunately all of us have had logs with photos that showed the bug ID on it.

We are all annoyed but thats life I suppose!!

Pity your first post is related to the down side of geocaching.

One wonders why the bug went to the graveyard as there is nothing in the logs to say it was missing.

Often bugs are not logged for long periods and then turn up many mile away.

Are you sure it was indeed lost or does it remain in the wild to still be discovered 2 monts is not very long before sending to the graveyard.

I emailed everyone from when it was logged in and everyone for several logs after until it seemed to not be there. On My Honor has a track record of being muggled and is right next to a building site where the builders are well aware of it existence and have even signed the log.

If it does turn back up it could be lifted from the graveyard anyway, but it just stops people saying no TB's in this cache as was happening in this one.

He did well so thats all you can ask.

If it does turn back up it could be lifted from the graveyard anyway, but it just stops people saying no TB's in this cache as was happening in this one.

I find marking the bug missing a lot easier. doesn't mess up the mileage if it gets resurrected.

I don't understand why TB graveyards are allowed as to the uninitiated they may not realise that the cache doesn't exist.

If I mark a TB as missing does that remove it from my inventory? If so, how is it done?

Shamefully, I lost a TB when out caching, must have dropped it en route.

Just in case you were wondering- to make amends I notified the owner who has now adopted my TB!

To mark a TB as missing you either have to be the owner of the TB, or if you aren't the owner it must be in one of your caches for you to be able to mark it missing.

When it gets marked as missing it gets removed from whomever or whatever it was listed against at the time.

I find marking the bug missing a lot easier. doesn't mess up the mileage if it gets resurrected.

I don't understand why TB graveyards are allowed as to the uninitiated they may not realise that the cache doesn't exist.

Deego is correct in that TB Graveyards pre date the "Mark a Bug Missing" option. Previously there was no option other than the owner retrieving it from the cache were it disappeared, and have it sitting in their inventory. As a work around TB Graveyards were created to allow the owner to drop the bug of somewhere, because many were leaving them in the caches they went missing from.

And just to confirm that TB Graveyard's will not be accepted for listing now as they are Virtual caches, and are Grandfathered In